Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where Do I Buy The iPod Solution And Any Reviews From Members That Have it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 02:54 PM
CameronD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Do I Buy The iPod Solution And Any Reviews From Members That Have it?

I read a couple posts, but can't find them.. I really want to put my iPod in my 987S with Bose. The solution would have to be very factory like and utilize my car radio so I can see the song on the radio and not have to use my iPod...
Old 06-12-2006, 02:57 PM
CameronD
Banned

Default FYI: A Plenum was developed for the 987S and dynoed>

3-5hp at the wheels and 6lbs of tq... Dyno was done before and after.. Car was stock... A bored out throttle body was tried as well but didn't fare well. But on a stock car the throttle body was good for +2hp and +2tq. I guess not bad for a 200-250$ mod..Might make up the difference in throttle response for the guys that have plus sized there wheels.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 PM
mbodo
Racer

Originally Posted by CameronD
I read a couple posts, but can't find them.. I really want to put my iPod in my 987S with Bose. The solution would have to be very factory like and utilize my car radio so I can see the song on the radio and not have to use my iPod...
good question. I was on a mailing list of interested parties, got a message awhile ago now (hmm, it WAS a long time ago it seems) saying that things were just about ready. IIRC the bumper plug guy is heading this up.

(edit)

Here's the email I have from the first week of May:
We have been notified at this time that the release date is still 4-5 weeks out. As soon as we have more information we will notify those of you on our list for pricing and availability.

Just for you, man.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:50 AM
type987s
Instructor

Where can this Plenum be purchased?

Quick Reply: Where Do I Buy The iPod Solution And Any Reviews From Members That Have it?