Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Received 987 and 987S today.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Received 987 and 987S today.

We had one of each delivered at the dealership where I work.

The standard Boxster in black/black leather. Didn't have that many options other than heated seats and 18" wheels. The insteresting thing to me was the sticker price of $48.9k. I don't usually look at the stickers on most of the cars I PDI but I did notice this one. Mostly because I am the second owner of a 89 951 and the O.O. gave me the window sticker from it, $48.3. So now I am thinking here is a car with 240hp vs. my cars 247hp and they weigh about the same for roughly the same money............

The new Boxster is very well put together. Nice fit and finish, just like the 997. Driving the car the front fenders are very noticable. Car is very smooth and the shifter is smoooooth. The top seems to be quicker and much smoother as well. Even thought the exhaust is completely different it stills sounds like a Boxster. That is a good thing IMO. The drivers side air inlet is for show only. It's blocked off with a removable panel.

Engine has good power and the car is quick but not dramatic. I can see how many people will end up getting tickets in these cars, you don't realize how fast you are going. NO dipstick to check the oil ala 996 turbo. You have to use the instrument cluster, you have no option. Oil and coolant fill remain in same location. Don't get excited to look under the car as there is nothing to see, it is almost completely covered in plastic panels.........

Should be a big seller, I may have to see what my discount is......

Last edited by Chris Prack; 01-10-2005 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know what is going on with the option sticker. On the 996/986 1/2 of 1 sticker was stuck to the trunk lid. I was told this was done at the port so the sticker would not end up on the wrong car. Then the wax paper was removed and the rest of the sticker stuck down. The duplicate sticker was removed from the wax paper and stuck in the maintenance booklet.

I have seen several 997 and only one had the sticker on the trunk lid.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:57 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the write up Chris.
Have you driven the S yet?

Stacey
Old 01-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Tool Pants I have not seen that yet. Both of the cars came with both stickers on the drivers window as all of the 996/986/997 etc.

I did not PDI the S another guy did that one. I did not get a chance to drive it yet. I am somewhat afraid to drive it. My wife will divorce me if I bring home another Porsche.......sigh
Old 01-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Let me know when you find out. My dealer should have them in this week and I am going to try to get there when it comes off the truck.

This is how the cars used to be sent to the dealer.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Now I see what you are referring to. Most often that sticker is left just as you see it in your picture. We are not directed by PCNA to do anything with the sticker so I can only imagine it's something a individual dealer does for internal reasons.

Sorry I can't really help.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:56 PM
24FPS
Drifting

pic----tures-----?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Received 987 and 987S today.