Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 987 delivered in the US!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 04:43 PM
FXHottie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm not going bananas..............

So you have adopted a new persona over there at PPBB. I'll be nice and keep my mouth shut henceforth, since you may end up getting banned a second time all by yourself.

Since you apparently decided not to gripe and complain on the "offending" board, may we presume that you FINALLY figured out that is what got you banned there the last time?????
Old 01-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Hey someone has to keep them inline...
Old 01-16-2005, 08:42 PM
gkelley
8th Gear

Banned on that board doesn't mean you can't post. There is no login to the board, anyone can post. Banned on that board means that when they recognize your posting name or your IP address as being someone that is banned, they will do what they did to your post - delete it.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:07 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i used to visit ppbb back in the good ol' days.... now i choose to rennlist.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Originally Posted by gkelley
Banned on that board doesn't mean you can't post. There is no login to the board, anyone can post. Banned on that board means that when they recognize your posting name or your IP address as being someone that is banned, they will do what they did to your post - delete it.
hey Gkelley when you going to sign up as a member here at Rennlist? or are you just here to stir up trouble?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:40 AM
gkelley
8th Gear

Not here to stir up trouble at all. Enjoy reading most of the posts.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Stevarino
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA (Brentwood) & New York, NY (Tribeca)

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
Well the facts say my definition of "gay" is correct. The facts also say I wasn't banned from PPBB (if I was, how could I post there?) the fact is that one admin, and one admin alone there among the several has something personal against me, but I have no idea what it is. He's so over the edge that he deletes a post like the one that started this thread, other admins/moderators there didn't have a problem with it and thought it was cute/funny.
Maybe that "admin" was a member of the "gay mafia". Seriously, admit the error and move on, otherwise, you'll have little or no credibility with anyone intelligent. You know, live and let live.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

I'm sorry but to have credibility with me you need to respect free speech. I thought "political correctness" went out in the 80's I guess not. Seems like questioning dogma has gone out the window though...

A little late to the thread aren't we?
Old 01-25-2005, 04:17 PM
kcl
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stevarino
Maybe that "admin" was a member of the "gay mafia". Seriously, admit the error and move on, otherwise, you'll have little or no credibility with anyone intelligent. You know, live and let live.
After reading what he's saying, I agree, he has no more credibility.....
Old 01-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

And I agree that the kcl newbie hasn't got a clue, 11 whole posts and you've got everything figured out? You're simply amazing, can I get an autograph?

Anyone who comes into a thread about a baby riding a toy boxster just to stir up trouble should have their computer taken away from them as obviously they have no life and should be ashamed of themselves, talk about lack of credibility... look in the mirror pal...
Old 01-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
According to Dictionay.com gay has 5 meanings:

1. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
2. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.
3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.
4. Given to social pleasures.
5. Dissolute; licentious.

Both words in #5 mean are synonyms for immoral...so technically if he felt that ppbb was being immoral by deleting his post then his choice of words would be considered correct...however it is a very touchy word these days.

Just for the record, i see absolutely no reason why ppbb would delete that post unless they feel that every post has to be specific to the car itself or be technical is some respect. Perhaps that's the reason why i've ventured over there a few times and have never gone back.

Stacey
To continue Stacey's correct statements above:

Gay = Dissolute or Licentious
liˇcenˇtious ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l-snshs)
adj.
1) Lacking moral discipline or ignoring legal restraint, especially in sexual conduct.
2) Having no regard for accepted rules or standards.
dissolute
adj : unrestrained by convention or morality;

When I say that PPBB continued their "gayness" into the new year what I said had NOTHING to do with someone's sexual preference or orientation, but everything to do with their lack of moral discipline and lack of regard for accepted rules and standards.

If someone posts some pictures of a child riding a baby boxster toy the accepted rules or standards in internet message forums is usually to say "what a cute child, hey nice ride, wish I had one of those" etc. to respond in kind to the original posting. The act of deleting that post was by definition "gay" as defined by the English language.

As Steve Martin once said there are those who have a way with the English language and those who well not have way...

I'm sorry that there are those people who think that any time the word "gay" is used that is somehow must relate to sexual orientation, that simply isn't true. If you go to the UK and ask for a cigarette you are likely to recieve a "***" in return. Is it ok to say "I wish I had a ***" in the UK? You bet it is. It all depends upon your definition.

As I said above I think it is downright sad, and probably gay too under definition #5, that someone would come into this thread about a child riding a toy boxster and get on a high-horse about how they think a post should be interpreted, that something doesn't fit THEIR definition so therefore it must be wrong, bad and admonished. Those people should be ashamed of themselves to publicly post such nonsense in a place for enjoyment and rejoicing that children too can share in the joy of all things Porsche by riding a new Boxster toy car.

Let's change the tone of this thread and give the child in the first post a note of congratulations on having such a sweet ride and drop all the other b.s.

Quick Reply: First 987 delivered in the US!