Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Cayman base - Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:53 AM
leonespatodos
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Cayman base - Advice needed

Hi, I'm in the market for a Cayman and found this listing at a bmw dealer in FL. The price seems reasonable. The miles are pretty low (12k+) The color is amazing (although some people hate it). I like the fact that it is the last NA. My only concern is that it is almost out of warranty. Do you think it is worth peace of mind to have a shop do PPI? Anything to be aware for a Cayman of that year.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:14 AM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Looks like a great car (and is the best color -- see avatar ). Probably worth doing a PPI for peace of mind. No major issues of '14+ caymans to be concerned about. One thing to clarify, though, is the claimed CPO status. I thought only P dealers could sell CPO Porsches.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:29 AM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a similar car—base model in Racing Yellow. Love the car! The one you are looking at seems to have few options (like mine). I’m thinking that there might be a little room to negotiate on the price. Have there been annual oil changes? Brake fluid flush? Brake and tire condition? Air filters? This sort of stuff is pricey unless you do the work yourself. The cars are very well made and reliable. Audio is poor though. The yellow is far superior to all other colors!
Old 02-20-2018, 05:15 PM
leonespatodos
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I test drove it yesterday and I was very impressed how well it handles. The power delivery is smooth. It reminded me of my old VR6. Once I switched to sports mode, the characteristics of the car changed and it was even more enjoyable. I can't imagine the handling of the S and GTS. The car has 3 months left of the manufacturers warranty but it is also a CPO. The car is listed under a BMW dealership but right next to it is a Porsche dealership and they are all part of the same group.

In the end, I did not pull the trigger(kind of regretting it). I ended up with a different car which I won't mention as you will think I'm nuts... lol.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback. Cheers.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:24 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

^what car did you choose over a 981?

Quick Reply: 2014 Cayman base - Advice needed