Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Cayman S in PPI...help needed

Old 02-17-2018, 12:42 PM
fracpilot
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Cayman S in PPI...help needed

34,000 miles, clean, excellent options. The owner is upfront and a good guy, I've talked to him at length. Relatively good deal. The shop doing the ppi (experienced with the type apparently) says he cannot pull the over rev report because of the faults listed -I tried to attach- Anyone familiar?

The car sat with little use for long periods, likely with the battery dead. Pulled 4 pages fault codes, reset them and it then pulled 3 pages of codes. The owner and I are talking about how to move forward. Anyone heard of of re-coding the modules after power is removed for longer intervals?

Anyone know if pulling the rev report should have anything to do with this and what equipment is required to pull the report? I'm totally willing to walk, but am curious about what is going on here. The rest of the car is excellent shape mechanically and cosmetically according to the tech. Thanks for anyone who can shed some light on this.

Edit: The only indicator lights on are the TPMS, that the owner said he was just waiting until tire time to swap out the sensors. The shop verified that 2 of 4 are completely dead.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Second Report.output.pdf (319.6 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by fracpilot; 02-17-2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Add Info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Cayman S in PPI...help needed