Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Porsche addict from Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 01:36 AM
olmy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! That's a great looking Boxster you have.

I had a lot of fun driving the mountain passes in your country when I picked up my GT4. I want to go back haha.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:46 AM
tomhartzell
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts

Awesome Boxster, Bjorn! Since you’ll be in Florida, you may want to consider driving up to Birmingham, Alabama – home of the Porsche Sport Driving School (PSDS). There is an HPDE event – High Performance Driver Education -- scheduled there for April 28 and 29, where a number of us will be driving our cars. It would be great to meet you. I’ll be driving east in my ’12 Cayman S from Boulder, CO for the HPDE, and can’t wait to drive the track again!

The school is a great way to learn the track as well as drive several of Porsche’s cars. The link below takes you to the current list of cars they’re using; I would highly recommend taking that course if you’re interested.

https://www.porschedriving.com/porsc...driving-course
Old 02-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhartzell
Awesome Boxster, Bjorn! Since you’ll be in Florida, you may want to consider driving up to Birmingham, Alabama – home of the Porsche Sport Driving School (PSDS). There is an HPDE event – High Performance Driver Education -- scheduled there for April 28 and 29, where a number of us will be driving our cars. It would be great to meet you. I’ll be driving east in my ’12 Cayman S from Boulder, CO for the HPDE, and can’t wait to drive the track again!

The school is a great way to learn the track as well as drive several of Porsche’s cars. The link below takes you to the current list of cars they’re using; I would highly recommend taking that course if you’re interested.

https://www.porschedriving.com/porsc...driving-course
if your driving all the way from Colorado, I have no excuse not to take a road trip in mine from Miami. This is something I want to do!
Old 02-22-2018, 10:23 AM
tomhartzell
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts

It would be great to meet you, Guaji. There are 78 people signed up for the HPDE right now, with 14 of us driving our Caymans. (So far) Registration is done on clubregistration.net
Old 02-22-2018, 12:34 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhartzell
It would be great to meet you, Guaji. There are 78 people signed up for the HPDE right now, with 14 of us driving our Caymans. (So far) Registration is done on clubregistration.net
I have to check the dates and arrange my work schedule accordingly. Would be fun!

Quick Reply: New Porsche addict from Switzerland