Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you help me decipher this DME report?

Old 01-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Benjamin Cherry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you help me decipher this DME report?

As part of the PPI for a 981 Cayman I received the following DME report. Trying to figure out what it means. I apologize if this is basic information that is covered elsewhere.

What I'm looking for is not so much exactly what each of these entries mean; I'm more interested in whether the presence of the below faults should be a reason for concern. I'm re-typing this so not including the full report.

DME O100
Part #: 99161860203; Software v. W06C20C1278UM29
Zero over revs in any range (each one was listed)
No faults

Gateway A4.2
6 Fault(s) Present
000603 Load switch-off (eEm)
C12018 Communication with instrument cluster
C12019 Communication with A/C control unit
C1201D Communication with PCM/CDR
C1200F Communication with steering wheel electronics control unit (CAN comfort)
C12015 Communication with TPM control unit

Instrument Cluster 000012
4 Fault(s) Present
00A221 Doors open or front lid open when driving
010010 TFT display indication, no communication
00A222 Check MAX oil level
00A250 rear lid during driving

There are a couple of others re: satellite antenna, rear lid actuating-element, etc.

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-09-2018, 12:32 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Cherry
As part of the PPI for a 981 Cayman I received the following DME report. Trying to figure out what it means. I apologize if this is basic information that is covered elsewhere.

What I'm looking for is not so much exactly what each of these entries mean; I'm more interested in whether the presence of the below faults should be a reason for concern. I'm re-typing this so not including the full report.

DME O100
Part #: 99161860203; Software v. W06C20C1278UM29
Zero over revs in any range (each one was listed)
No faults

Gateway A4.2
6 Fault(s) Present

Instrument Cluster 000012
4 Fault(s) Present
00A221 Doors open or front lid open when driving
010010 TFT display indication, no communication
00A222 Check MAX oil level
00A250 rear lid during driving

There are a couple of others re: satellite antenna, rear lid actuating-element, etc.

Thanks for any help!
Obviously, the over-rev portion of the report is squeaky clean. That's great. The car has been driven gently.

The other stuff relates to body systems and fault codes involving the stated sub-systems. Many of those codes are likely historic and were probably caused by the ignition being turned on or the vehicle being run with something disconnected while the car was being serviced for something. My suggestion would be to at least get a copy of the warranty history to make sure this car isn't an electrical gremlin nightmare. Those are a lot of codes, numerically, but I've seen far worse when inspecting BMW's and MB's. Next, have the dealer clear them all out and take the car on a test drive and see if any return. I bet they don't.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Benjamin Cherry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Obviously, the over-rev portion of the report is squeaky clean. That's great. The car has been driven gently.

The other stuff relates to body systems and fault codes involving the stated sub-systems. Many of those codes are likely historic and were probably caused by the ignition being turned on or the vehicle being run with something disconnected while the car was being serviced for something. My suggestion would be to at least get a copy of the warranty history to make sure this car isn't an electrical gremlin nightmare. Those are a lot of codes, numerically, but I've seen far worse when inspecting BMW's and MB's. Next, have the dealer clear them all out and take the car on a test drive and see if any return. I bet they don't.
Thanks. I asked the shop to do what you described and they did. It's a pcarshops.com shop with good reviews; they have been absolutely happy to do everything I've asked but have not proactively done some of it. The guy I spoke with said he has 43 years' experience with Porsche and suspects that many of those were related to e.g. replacing the battery (which seems likely; the battery health is something like 98% and it's a 4.5 year old car, so it was probably replaced recently, possibly for resale).

Anyway -- they reset the codes, drove the car a bit, did some other stuff (mystery to me), and ran the DME report again. None of the codes returned. Looks like this is the one!

Appreciate your advice.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:09 PM
jungkim1234
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=
Gateway A4.2
6 Fault(s) Present
[/QUOTE]

Reviving an old thread, my battery tender cord got unplugged enough to not charge the car. The battery wasn't completely flat, but not enough to start the car, it would barely turn over. After letting it recharge overnight, the car started. No check engine lights, but when I plugged in my icarsoft, I got all of the exact same codes listed above. Cleared codes, went on a drive ,and checked again when I got home. No codes present.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you help me decipher this DME report?