Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder Coolness

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts
Default Spyder Coolness

Finally took some time off work, and it feels good to be in one place for more than three days. Took the Spyder out for the first time in a month, and it amazing how solid this car along with the drive feel. There are times I say I want more power, but when you drive it and wind through the gears it’s perfect for what it does sheer enjoyment. Some say I’m crazy for selling the RS over the Spyder, but it’s more usable for my driving habits and time in one place. I keep my car habit to what I can park in once garage so one had to go .......the M4 is a daily driver so it has to stay along with the SUV drive in all conditions. Guys drive your Spyders and enjoy don’t let them sit, and the value is in the drive.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:23 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

I've had to use my Spyder as a DD this last week due to other cars being in the shop for maintenance. Normally, I don't hop in the Spyder unless I'm going on a drive of at least 50 miles (and usually longer) so it's been different driving the Spyder short distances around town doing errands. While I think these types of miles are generally "wasted" on the Spyder, being in more stop-and-go traffic than usual has really highlighted for me just how amazing the car shifts. The short throw, the engagement of the clutch pedal, the mechanical feel of the gear changes, the ideal amount of firmness required to row the gears, and even the sound of the gearbox best heard at a standstill while shifting out of neutral into first gear (or vice versa) - it all screams precision German engineering at its finest.

Simply the best shifting MT car I have ever experienced, hands down.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
I've had to use my Spyder as a DD this last week due to other cars being in the shop for maintenance. Normally, I don't hop in the Spyder unless I'm going on a drive of at least 50 miles (and usually longer) so it's been different driving the Spyder short distances around town doing errands. While I think these types of miles are generally "wasted" on the Spyder, being in more stop-and-go traffic than usual has really highlighted for me just how amazing the car shifts. The short throw, the engagement of the clutch pedal, the mechanical feel of the gear changes, the ideal amount of firmness required to row the gears, and even the sound of the gearbox best heard at a standstill while shifting out of neutral into first gear (or vice versa) - it all screams precision German engineering at its finest.

Simply the best shifting MT car I have ever experienced, hands down.
agree transmission is killer .......easy shifts. The buckets seats are great once you sit in, but the wife she deals with it but doesn't like the climb in experience. I drove the car with the top up for the first time very weird ........was in the 30's today so no go on the top down. No DD for me when I have company in the car(:
Old 12-27-2017, 02:18 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

If our rotten government were to pass a law that forbade owning more than one car, everything else would be gone and the spyder would remain.

i could be content driving only it for many years.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:17 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
If our rotten government were to pass a law that forbade owning more than one car, everything else would be gone and the spyder would remain.

i could be content driving only it for many years.
^^^ I think I can agree with this most days. I've definitely owned more exciting cars. But spyder is best all-around fun car I've ever owned.

Quick Reply: Spyder Coolness