Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Composite Concepts….Aero products for all Caymans and Boxsters.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 11:14 AM
CConcepts
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Composite Concepts….Aero products for all Caymans and Boxsters.

Composite Concepts was born just 18 short months ago and is quickly becoming the leader in downforce products for all years of Caymans and Boxsters. I have been a member of Rennlist for many years and are proud to now become a sustaining sponsor of the Rennlist forum.

Born out of a need to find more downforce for his own personal 500hp 987 Cayman Jon May (me) a lifetime automotive engineer and SCCA racer worked with Sal at Composite Concepts, a quality producer of Carbon Fiber products in Jupiter FL to develop a complete aero package for his own 987.

The first product we developed was a Full Carbon Fiber wing we called the “Trackmaster” This was soon followed by a GT3 based front splitter and GT4 style side scoops. While at local PCA events I found that the response from other Cayman owners was immediate and Sal and I decided to start manufacturing and selling these products to our fellow Cayman and Boxster owners.

The response has been amazing and we now actively sell our products throughout the US, the EU, Asia, Russia and South Africa.

The products we offer are (see the pictures below):

Our original “Trackmaster” wing. This wing is the standard for track performance. It is a beautiful high gloss Carbon Fiber wing with all black anodized aluminum brackets that are easily adjustable for varying track conditions. It comes with all hardware in Stainless Steel and full mounting instructions. Our normal price is $999 but our Rennlist price is $899 plus freight. (see picture below)

Our GT4 wing. Like the Trackmaster wing, this wing is of very high quality Carbon Fiber finished with a high gloss clear coat. It is dimensionally identical to the factory part but comes with a much superior mounting system that provides a wide range of adjustment in 5 short minutes. Our retail Price is $1050 but for Rennlist readers we offer it at $999.

These wings fit all 987, 981, and 718 Caymans and Boxsters and are so beautiful you may not want to paint them. The wing is mounted much like the factory part with (4) 1/4" SS bolts through the rear deck. It looks very professional both on the inside and the outside of the deck and is VERY solid and professional both in appearance and structure. The mounting bolts are invisible on the outside. The kit comes with all necessary hardware. These are made to order so please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery

987 front splitter. As a former owner of a 996 GT3 that I regularly tracked I looked to that car when developing a front splitter. We worked with the German manufacturer of the factory GT3 Cup splitter to develop a 987 specific version of that amazing all urethane splitter. It both functions and looks amazing. It is offered at $429.

987 GT4 style side scoops. These scoops are a beautiful addition to the 987 Cayman. Using an old “hot rodders” trick that Porsche uses on their own GT4 you can pick up additional cooling and 4 hp at 62mph with these beautiful scoops. They use our patent pending attachment system that incorporates about 26 sq inches of 3M automotive molding tape and two hidden plastic push nuts at the leading edge. These regularly see speeds exceeding 150 mph. Our price is $449 but for Rennlist readers we offer them at $429

GT3 smile grill for 987, 981, 718’s and most 911’s. This is a Porsche factory part and comes with a Stainless Steel cutting template, a wire mesh grill and full mounting hardware. This grill is both beautiful and functional. It increases downforce on the front of the car by relieving pressure that develops in the front grill area. All GT Porsches have this feature. We offer this great product for $360.

New Products for the 981. We have many many installations of our Trackmaster and GT4 wings on 981 Caymans and Boxsters but until now we have not been able to offer scoops and front splitters. With the success of our 987 products we are now focused on developing new products for the 981. With this in mind we are now offering:

GT4 side scoops for the 981. Identical to the factory scoops but without the lettering. (GT4’s already have these scoops) Once again we used our patent pending mounting system to make mounting simple and effective. These scoops can be installed in 30 minutes and require no complex disassembly of the rocker moldings. They attach with about 24 sq. inches of 3M automotive tape and 2 hidden “push nuts” at the leading edge. They are furnished in high gloss white or Black gel coat that can be used as is or painted. Our Rennlist price $375 with all hardware and instructions.

G81 GT3 Cup front splitter….. Available in late January. We have been working on this splitter for several months and have done several installations. The final version uses the same GT3 Cup splitter we use for the 981 but incorporates twin brake ducts into the design. Stay tuned this is a very exciting product.

We pride ourselves on offering the best products and service available.

My Turbo Cayman

Our Trackmaster wing

GT4 Wing on Trent's race car

GT4 wing

GT4 style side scoops plus GT4 wing

GT3 splitter and Smile grill

981 GT4 side scoops
Call, text or email me with questions or comments:

Jon May
Composite Concepts
jonjmay@yahoo.com
954 931 0319
The following users liked this post:
mayars (09-17-2023)
Old 12-23-2017, 11:18 AM
CConcepts
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front splitter and GT3 smile grill

Here are 2 reviews by recent purchasers:

Last year I put a front splitter on my Cayman to improve the turn-in characteristics of the car. The effects were dramatic, but left the rear of the car feeling very unsettled in high-speed corners. I felt that Jon's wing would most likely add enough downforce to solve my problem. I ran the car for 3 days at Mosport with the new wing, and was very, very happy with the results, both from a handling perspective and the resulting lap times, which were noticeably improved. I would recommend this setup to anyone for a track setup.

This is a very well constructed wing, and an absolute steal at the price that Jon is charging. I looked at some of the other high quality wings out there, but found that Jon's was much better value. And in case anyone is wondering, I don't know Jon and have never met him, so I'm not shilling on his behalf.

Chris D. Toronto CN

"Hello All -

1. I purchased the GT4 wing from Jon at Composite Concepts. I have purchased quite a few carbon parts for lots of different cars and the carbon on the wing was excellent, perfect weave with no flaws. It's a very nice Carbon piece.

Thanks to Composite Concepts and Jon for the great wing at very good price. I also have a GTR and a few others and you will not touch a wing of this quality under 3K for those cars. Don"

Jon May,
Composite Concepts
jonjmay@yahoo.com
954 931 0319