Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body and Plenum 987.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Leftyjones
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body and Plenum 987.1

Hey guys. Recently purchased my 987.1 S with Chrono and PASM. No mods. I appreciate the community outside looking in and really looking forward to getting involved.

I have a quick one, I'm looking installing the IPD Plenum and GT3 throttle body

My question is should this be the first mod I make in our opinions? And is it fine to install this without a tune? Getting mixed answers from shops.
Not planning to track it. I just want to get the Cayman out of it's 'de-tuned state' It just doesn't sit well with me.

I'm also worried about tuning the engine and any issues that may arise from it. All work would be completed at a very well known shop

What other 'stages' would you suggest

Many thanks!
L

Last edited by Leftyjones; 12-14-2017 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typos
Old 12-14-2017, 09:40 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In general, more air in is going to make the biggest difference with a more air out exhaust and subsequent tune for additional compensation of the mods. Many board members have reported the IPD not to have given them an appreciable feel of performance. A good bang for the buck mod is an underpulley, you will without question feel the difference of less parasitic drag. One question to ask yourself is have I already explored the limits of this car as delivered. These cars are not boulevard bullies, they are more like road scalpels. Driving lessons would probably yield just as good a performance bump. I'm not saying that in a derogatory way, one day I'm going to the experience center down the road and try that hypothesis out my own self, enjoy the new car and welcome.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:12 AM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 145 Posts

For your car the best bang for the buck is headers and exhaust. Get sport headers with 200-cell cats and modded stock mufflers with secondary cats removed.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:44 AM
Leftyjones
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks gents @terbiumactivated I didn't take it that way at all. Im trying to get the power band in sooner and as I said get the engine out of its de-tuned state. Olegd thanks for the thoughts as well.
Lots to think about

Quick Reply: Throttle Body and Plenum 987.1