Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APEX | Porsche Track Wheel Development

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:45 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 619 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by 850tgul
ETA on pre-order/groupbuy for 987 sizes?
We're still working through the final stages of our engineering and FEA analysis prior to production and sending wheels off for JWL/VIA testing. As much as I'd love to have the initial group buy commence now, we're opting for it to go live when the wheels roll into production. Instead of opening the group buy now and prolonging the process itself, we'll shorten the "feeler phase" and expedite the group buy stages so wheels are delivered in a timely manner. We expect the group buy to launch within the month.

Although tedious and time consuming, engineering and FEA analysis/optimization is of utmost importance. Presenting a product that can withstand years of severe track abuse by exceeding the JWL/VIA strength standards while passing along a palatable price-tag to enthusiasts takes precedence. Thank you for checking in and for your patience - I'll have positive news for you very shortly!

I'll absolutely continue to update as we near completion and introduction of the group buy. Please feel free to reach out here or directly with any questions or comments. The beginning is near!

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Quick Reply: APEX | Porsche Track Wheel Development