Sponsored by: APR

2016 981 Spyder - HELP - sorry for the repeat posts

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 05:32 PM
VirgilKane
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Went through my pics and pulled out those that detail the tinted lenses. When I was spec'ing my build, the tinted lenses were a question mark for me as I didn't really know what they looked like. I had the good fortune of wondering into a local dealer one day where they had parked side-by-side on the showroom floor a GT Silver GT4 with the standard lenses and a Rhodium 981 Spyder with the tinted lenses. It was my lucky day to have two silver cars side-by-side for comparison purposes to resolve my delimma! I wondered around to the back of the cars and it took me less than 5 seconds to know I wanted the tinted lenses.Like most things, it's totally a personal choice. If I had to describe the difference between them, I would say the tinted lenses have more of a modern, high-tech look.

If you think you like the tinted and don't have them on your car, Suncoast will be happy to oblige:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU981CHLF.html

I don't know the install process (or Suncoast's return policy), but I'm guessing if you ordered them, installed them on your car (or just held them up to the car), and found you didn't like the look, you could probably return them. This is another relatively low-priced Porsche option that has some noticeable visual impact so the ratio of cash-outlay to bang-for-the-buck is favorable IMO.

Where can I find the Porsche part numbers for these tinted taillights?

EDIT: Found it - 98104490001

Last edited by VirgilKane; 12-10-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:32 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

[QU=Suicide Jockey;14660940]Nelson, if you're in Poway it would be great if you could join us the next time we have a So Cal Spyder drive. It's right in your backyard. [/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'd love too! I only know of one other Spyder owner in the area. Please keep me posted. Wondering if a Spyder group will head up to the Rennsport Reunion next Sept?
Old 12-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by NelsonF
[QU=Suicide Jockey;14660940]Nelson, if you're in Poway it would be great if you could join us the next time we have a So Cal Spyder drive. It's right in your backyard.
Thanks! I'd love too! I only know of one other Spyder owner in the area. Please keep me posted. Wondering if a Spyder group will head up to the Rennsport Reunion next Sept?[/QUOTE]

We will send you a PM next time we go for a run. We typically start in Escondido or Temecula and then head into Julian. From there you can head back on 78 or south to the 8 and across to Poway. Either way it’s a great run!

I do believe there are a few groups planned for Rennsport already. I’m personally taking the 964 but we have a group meeting in Ojai and then heading north from there.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VirgilKane
I need an acronym breakdown! I think PTS is paint to sample? LWB is lightweight buckets? Any others I'll want to know?
Correct on both. Those two are the most common in the Spyder world.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:36 PM
VirgilKane
Intermediate

Took the plunge this morning. Thanks for the tips and info. I could not be happier with the decision. Clean car. CPO. 11K miles. New tires. DME was near spotless with 42 ignitions in Range 1. Only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did... rear view camera. I even like the graphics, though I realize they aren't everyone's cup o tea.

First minor cosmetic mods will be the tinted tails and the stitched leather chrono surround. Might even get the black/silver seat belts one day.

Here she is...
Old 12-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Huge congrats and welcome to Spyder Nation! Glad it worked out. I dig the graphics! Great looking car
Old 12-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Note: that bow may affect aero
Old 12-11-2017, 07:59 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice ride, congrats! I believe you can add an aftermarket rearview camera that will work with your PCM. Hopefully, someone here has a link.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats Virgil, beautiful Spyder!

Looking forward to getting your impressions once you’ve had more time behind the wheel.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:19 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Virgil, Awesome, I like the stripes, especially in the front view, enjoy it man.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:35 PM
VirgilKane
Intermediate

Lol. Thanks guys. I need to change my user name now. Virgil isn't my real name. I stole it from The Band's The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:54 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Ok, I paid the dough and joined the Rennlist club. VirgilKane of the Danville Train is now SpyderSenseOC. Just in the interests of full disclosure.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:18 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VirgilKane
Took the plunge this morning. Thanks for the tips and info. I could not be happier with the decision. Clean car. CPO. 11K miles. New tires. DME was near spotless with 42 ignitions in Range 1. Only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did... rear view camera. I even like the graphics, though I realize they aren't everyone's cup o tea.

First minor cosmetic mods will be the tinted tails and the stitched leather chrono surround. Might even get the black/silver seat belts one day.

Here she is...
Looks great Jeff. Enjoy in great health!
Merry Christmas to you!!
Old 12-11-2017, 09:52 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SSOC, I don't think anyone thought you were really Virgil Kane, who went to the Porsche dealer on the Danville train.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:56 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
SSOC, I don't think anyone thought you were really Virgil Kane, who went to the Porsche dealer on the Danville train.
Hell, until about a year ago I had no idea who Virgil Kane was!

Quick Reply: 2016 981 Spyder - HELP - sorry for the repeat posts