Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buy used through Edmunds???

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 12:53 PM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone buy used through Edmunds???

I have someone who is selling their 2015 Cayman GTS with 9k miles on it through Edmunds. The price on the car is ridiculously low. The person claims the title is clear - no lien, accident free and drives and runs great. He's selling it because he moved back to the UK. Based on the CARFAX report he gave me the car was serviced at Scientific Motorcars in Pasadena, CA??

Apparently, how it works is once you agree on a price your payment will go directly to Edmunds. Edmunds will then deliver the vehicle to the buyer. who has a 3 day inspection period. If you like it, you approve the payment and Edmunds will pay the seller and transfer the ownership. If you don't like it you reject the vehicle and Edmunds will refund your money and pick it up from you.

Has anyone purchased a car this way?
Old 12-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

I have used escrow.com
it worked out well.
I have heard there are some fraud sites that do the same thing but keep your money.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:50 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I looked on the Edmunds web site, and I can't see where they offer this service. As you describe it, they'll pay for shipping both ways? That seems incredibly unlikely. Proceed with caution. Maybe post a link to the sale? I promise not to steal it from you.

Note: if it was really that good a deal, then why hasn't a dealer already jumped on it?
Old 12-04-2017, 03:00 PM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I looked on the Edmunds web site, and I can't see where they offer this service. As you describe it, they'll pay for shipping both ways? That seems incredibly unlikely. Proceed with caution. Maybe post a link to the sale? I promise not to steal it from you.

Note: if it was really that good a deal, then why hasn't a dealer already jumped on it?
After doing some research on Edmunds REAL website it is fraud.Most car shoppers use the web in their research or buying process, and it usually goes off without a hitch. But there are shadowy corners of the internet that harbor scammers and crooks, and they're working hard to get your money by using fraud and fakery.Currently, for example, scammers are using a fake Edmunds website that says we offer a cash escrow service, in which we act as an intermediary between private-party car sellers and buyers.It's not so. Edmunds does not assist in private-party transactions between buyers and sellers by holding titles, cash or vehicles. We don't ship cars either. If you encounter any such claims, please do not proceed. Instead, contact us immediately. You also can report this fraud to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center and a Federal Trade Commission site that takes fraud complaints.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy used through Edmunds???