Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Overfilled on 2008 Porsche Boxster base

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 05:33 PM
jblum
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Overfilled on 2008 Porsche Boxster base

Hello, I changed the oil for my 2008 Porsche Boxster base, and 6 quarts drained out, I added the filter and 9 quarts and the oil gauge is highlighted all the way to the top without a black space at the top. So, from the below picture, the black segment at the top on my Boxster is filled in in white all the way to the top. Does this mean I overfilled the oil? I checked the owners manual and google searched and cannot determine from the gauge description if I overfilled!! Help Boxster friend!!! Thanks

Old 11-18-2017, 06:54 PM
Drawpt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was concerned once when I filled to the level show in your picture but was assured it was good. One black bar at the top. The remedy suggested for an overfill was to spin the filter off and drain it vs loosening the drain plug.

Originally Posted by jblum
Hello, I changed the oil for my 2008 Porsche Boxster base, and 6 quarts drained out, I added the filter and 9 quarts and the oil gauge is highlighted all the way to the top without a black space at the top. So, from the below picture, the black segment at the top on my Boxster is filled in in white all the way to the top. Does this mean I overfilled the oil? I checked the owners manual and google searched and cannot determine from the gauge description if I overfilled!! Help Boxster friend!!! Thanks

Old 11-18-2017, 07:26 PM
FlamsteadHill
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jblum

The picture is good. Your description (highlighted in quote) is over-filled.

Quick Reply: Oil Overfilled on 2008 Porsche Boxster base