Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XPEL + Ceramic Pro - love my boxster

Old 09-19-2017, 06:03 PM
DiabloBlanco
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default XPEL + Ceramic Pro - love my boxster

I followed a thread on ceramic pro so felt obligated to provide an update. I pulled the trigger knowing that I plan to keep this special car for a long time. Figured that over the long run I will have paid plenty for professional detailing and products and this seems to be the best option out there. For those in Orange County (CA) I used Polished Details in Costa Mesa. Here's a few photos from Day II in the shop.one coat down and several to go.

note: I did XPEL on the front, side mirrors and rockers when I bought the car. They said that the product works well with ceramic pro. Also, went with the premium package (paint correction, wheels, interior) that carries the lifetime guarantee (although small print says u need to have it evaluated and touched up every year to keep guarantee).

Anyhow, call me crazy but even though I drive 200 miles a month, my gut told me it's worth it!

Last edited by DiabloBlanco; 09-19-2017 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Add photos
Old 09-19-2017, 08:42 PM
RWPinNC
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

I know costs will vary with location and degree of work, but can you give us an idea of the cost.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 874 Likes on 531 Posts

I did front clip and rockers with Xpel and Ceramic Pro after paint correction (though it didn't need much) on the Spyder- local detail shop with 2 brothers did a great job. Did wheels and brake calipers as well. Only caught in rain once since but water seems to repel BEFORE it hits the car

I hesitated at first because I've always waxed my own cars, etc. but after how it looked on my son's GT3 and California I was sold.

Ceramic Pro was doing a deal a while back in Pano- may still be for all I know.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:20 PM
DiabloBlanco
Advanced

Originally Posted by RWPinNC
I know costs will vary with location and degree of work, but can you give us an idea of the cost.

Thanks.
if you go to the website, you can see various packages. I know a lot of places don't list their prices so I inquired with the place that did. www.polisheddetail.com

Packages vary based on number of layers on. I went with the most expensive package that held a lifetime guarantee. $990. However, add $400-$500 for paint restoration if you have some micro scratches. If you pony up for the wheels, calibers and interior, that will probably run another $500.

You could probably get away with a cheaper package if you don't plan on holding your car for the long term. My boxster is a keeper so I want it to always look pristine.

Hope that helps. I'll post more photos when it's completely done.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:25 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

yep.. awesome combo! - the Cquartz stuff is amazing.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:56 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks great! I did a similar package on my car with Modesta and PPF.

http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/po...ck-home-texas/
Old 09-19-2017, 11:00 PM
DiabloBlanco
Advanced

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Looks great! I did a similar package on my car with Modesta and PPF.

http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/po...ck-home-texas/
Thought they only drove trucks in Texas.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:01 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
Thought they only drove trucks in Texas.
Well, many would argue that Austin isn't really Texas...
Old 09-20-2017, 12:18 AM
DiabloBlanco
Advanced

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Well, many would argue that Austin isn't really Texas...
That is true. Been trying to convince my liberal wife to move there but she wants to stay in a BLUE state. ugh.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:41 AM
ALE
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

Is Ceramic Pro suitable for a car that is both daily & track?
Already has clear bra, but when it's time to replace that, I would consider other options or a combo.
Thank you.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:52 AM
DiabloBlanco
Advanced

I can't say for certain that ceramic pro is ok for track use if the intent is to protect against flying debris. Some would say the combo of xpel (Or other film) and ceramic is a good combo.

I view ceramic pro as a way to maintain aesthetics.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:27 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The combination of clear bra with a ceramic coating (in my case Modesta) has been perfect for my street/track daily driver over the past 2 years. Post track cleanup is simple: rubber marks come off very easily, usually with just Meguiars Express Wash or detailing spray. Regular cleaning is likewise a snap: nothing sticks and no waxing or claying has been needed nor done. No swirl marks and the paint still looks new, My wheels and calipers were also coated, which I highly recommend.

While the primary impact protection is the clear bra, the Modesta augments that protection and seals the car from sap, bug guts, dirt, grime, road tar, etc

For me, after 2 years in the wild, the combo was an excellent, worthwhile investment and I'd absolutely do it again.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:24 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

My local detailer (a lot of high-end dealerships contract out to him for brand new cars, from new ACRs to one of the first RR Black Badge) has these prices on his website for different Ceramic Pro packages:
http://www.nextlevelautodetailing.com/ceramic-pro/

Of course, these all include the full wash / paint prep with a little bit of polishing + you get wheels / windows in CPro's other products.
And I know from personal experience these prices are flexible depending on big/small car, more/less polishing, and if you want the full on wheels / windows layers as well.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:16 PM
mgent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have Xpel and CQuartz, and has been a great combo for street/ track use... Xpel is the real paint protection, and the coating helps keep it looking best and makes it much, much easier to wash....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XPEL + Ceramic Pro - love my boxster