Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP All Season for new Cayman S 20"

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default HP All Season for new Cayman S 20"

I am considering a new Cayman S with the 20" wheel option.

I live in New England and plan to use the Cayman for maybe one day a week and weekends. It will be garaged and unused in the heavy snow months (Jan-Fed). I do not have an extra spot for garaging it for these two months so it will be offsite. My daily drive will be in the garage for the heavy snow months.

So, I would like to still drive it in the 'shoulder' snow months (Dec and Mar), but the Summer tires that come on it (20" s) may not be good for the low temps we experience in those months. Thus I was considering replacing the stock summer tires with a high performance all season.

Has anyone else taken this approach? Any recommendations? Through casual searching it appears I may have a difficult time finding an exact size (width) match for the stock tires. Will performance be impacted too greatly?

Thoughts appreciated
db
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weather same here in Toronto. I would get a spare set of wheels, used to save a few bucks and down a size, during the transition months.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:59 AM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I've never run all seasons on a sports car but friends who have thought there was something wrong with their car after the change. They're not good in warm dry weather and not that good in snow, I would not recommend it.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 533 Posts

I would advise against All Season tires on your car. They will be a compromise in the summer (manageable) and a liability in the winter (not safe) especially in that size tire - of course IMHO.

Quick Reply: HP All Season for new Cayman S 20"