Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   968 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum-71/)
-   -   Boston Area advice needed (https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/980273-boston-area-advice-needed.html)

Daniel S 03-15-2017 06:55 PM

Boston Area advice needed

I realize that this is a little off the 968 topic, but here goes:

We are heading to Boston this weekend, actually a little west, and since we are taking the red eye out of LA Thursday night, we will not be able to check in to our hotel when we land. I am trying to find things to do to keep the 4 yr old entertained until we can check in to the hotel. Besides the aquarium and children's museum (which does not open until 10), does anyone else have any thoughts?
On a side note, it looks like I may need to put her ski pants back into her bag with the current and future snow in the forecast! (I just took them out from last weekend...)

Thanks in advance!

sm 03-15-2017 07:14 PM

Random thoughts here as my 4 year old is melting down.

Ask for early chexk in. You'll be so tired!
Check opening hours of Lego Land (or whatever the name is) in Somerville.
Get breakfast in Chinatown (close to airport), or at a number of joints around town.
Pay a few dollars and let your kid run around at a YMCA.
Same at a mall, but they open ~10-ish.

I'll think of more.

touareg 03-16-2017 12:58 AM

There is the museum of science, kids usually like that, it is right on the Charles river between Cambridge and Boston. They also have a section out back for little ones to explore.

Lego land is a little pricey, I think it is like 25$ per person, and nothing for the adults really to do, although the miniature boston landmarks in legos is kinda cool.

Not sure how far west you are going, the Natick Collection is a mall, but that is probably just for wandering around a bit.

Depending on the weather, the Boston Commons has the kids area available for ice skating.

Wow it is hard to think of what a 4 year old can do in the winter.

Daniel S 03-16-2017 02:38 AM

Thanks for the ideas sm and Touareg. I think that the museum or aquarium are at the top of the list. We shall see how tired we all are. We have done the Red Eye often enough, since my family is on the east coast. We are actually staying in Westborough; minus some parks there did not seem like much to do.

tlippold 03-16-2017 01:43 PM

If in westboro, check out Worcester which is two towns West. There is a science museum called the Ecotarium. There is also a sky zone in Westboro which is a trampoline park.

Daniel S 03-16-2017 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by tlippold (Post 14036641)
If in westboro, check out Worcester which is two towns West. There is a science museum called the Ecotarium. There is also a sky zone in Westboro which is a trampoline park.

Interesting, I vaguely remember the New England of Science growing up in the Berkshires, but I was not aware of the name change. Of course, 20 years outside of MA will do that.

And trampolines, we may have to look into that if she needs to burn off some energy before nap time...;)

Some great ideas folks. We shall see what shape we are in tomorrow morning when we land.

touareg 03-19-2017 12:17 PM

So what happened? Did the child shout with glee and pass out from exhaustion and pure bliss?

Daniel S 03-19-2017 05:54 PM

Funny you should ask. We ended up eating breakfast at a place in Allston called the Breakfast Club. It had free parking and nutella french toast. It was tribute to 1980s pop culture. The food was good (we would go back again) Then we called the hotel and they said that by the time we got there we could check-in, so away we went...AND she promptly fell asleep. She did sleep the entire flight also.

We did stop at the aquarium today on the way to the airport. She loved the touch tank and the penguins!

Now we await the airplane.....

Thanks again for the help

odurandina 04-09-2017 05:06 PM

i didn't see this thread.

i would have said take the kid to the children's museum on Congress Street at Ft Point Channel.

Franklin Park Zoo is mostly associated with being a summertime attraction but also has some winter hours...