968 Forum 1992-1995

Fire extinguisher mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 05:05 PM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Fire extinguisher mount

I would really like to have a fire extinguisher in both of my cars. I once saw a posting of a mount that was retained by the rear seat belt latches and rested on the tunnel, but I cannot find an active link for a supplier. Does anyone know of a source for that mount?

There's also the Brey Krause which is a fixed mount and another brand mount which appears to somehow mount onto the power seat motor and allows the extinguisher to move with the seat. Opinions on these or a suggestion for a mount I've yet to discover?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Not sure what kind of fire extinguisher you've got in mind, but see if you can locate a halon unit. In lieu of that, a CO2 unit.

My understanding is that the dry powder, while better than letting your car burn to the ground, can really wreck havoc on the electrical connections and electronic components - essentially ruining these electrical items.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:49 PM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

At bare minimum they make a mess. Had more than one towed in over the years. It's all but impossible to get all of the residue removed.

Quick Reply: Fire extinguisher mount