Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

New a fuel fuel rail cover/intake manifold related fasteners

Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default New a fuel fuel rail cover/intake manifold related fasteners

I need a couple of the little feet/grommets/spacers (no clue what they're called, nor how to better describe them) that go between the fuel rail cover and the intake manifold. The bolts that hold the fuel rail cover to the intake manifold screw into these little pieces, which screw into the manifold. I discovered my car is missing them. I could also use a couple of the bolts that secure the fule rail cover to the above abysmally-described feet/grommets/spacers. Yes, I know I can get them from Sunset, but they're crazy expensive, and since my car is going to be primarily a track rat, I'm looking for someone who has a 968 they're parting out who has a couple of these lying around.

Also, and this is less important, but I could also use one of the similar feet/spacers that go between the black "Variocam" insigna plate and the valve cover. I have both of these, but one of them is broken, so I could glue it back together, but if someone has one of these they're be willing to part with, I'd be happy to take this off your hands as well. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look the parts up on DC Automotive and get the part numbers. If I can't see all the picture of the parts drawing I print out that picture and look for the part number on the right side. Works good for me and I use that alot to order parts.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM
968tcab
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have any pics of what your talking about? if I have some in my 968 engine stash, they are yours.

Mike
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

My camera has chosen to stop communicating with my computer, so I can't post any pictures until I figure out why, but they look exactly like this:

http://www.jwwinco.com/products/section7/gn351/

except the thread is an M5, which doesn't seem to be available commercially. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New a fuel fuel rail cover/intake manifold related fasteners