968 Forum 1992-1995

Fitting 993 turbo 4 big red brakes to a 968 CS

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 05:47 AM
Martin Day
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Fitting 993 turbo 4 big red brakes to a 968 CS

I've seen 968s with the 993T4 big red brake system fitted to the front. Does anyone know what extra parts are needed to do this and where in the UK I could obtain them?

Thanks

Martin
Old 12-06-2002, 10:26 AM
wallwork
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Martin

I have a CS with the 993 tt big red set up on it. As far as I am aware, the only other modifications necessary relate to the discs. These should be 964 RS cross drilled/vented items. These have same offsets and are the correct diameter for the calipers. I believe that the wheel carrier/hub on the CS is such that the big red calipers bolt straight on. You will also need the bigger brake pads for the calipers. Some people have also installed a brake proportioning valve to compensate for the difference associated with the stopping power of front and rear calipers. FWIW I don't think that my set up has such a valve. For me it works just fine on the track as it is.

As for suppliers, I believe my car was modified by Tech 9 in Liverpool. I also believe that they are somewhat pricey. I noticed the other day that some of the Rennlist sponsors were selling the big reds as part of a special offer. Check out the likes of Paragon Products or Pelican Parts. Be careful though as shipping costs for calipers and discs might be a tad expensive.

I've just remembered that Gert in Belgium can get these items at a very good price and his shipping should be much less. He can be found on <a href="http://www.carnewal.com," target="_blank">www.carnewal.com,</a> look up his site and give him a call(much better response time than an EMail).

Happy hunting

Quick Reply: Fitting 993 turbo 4 big red brakes to a 968 CS