Excellent VIN decoder - Page 29 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Excellent VIN decoder

 
Old 08-22-2018, 03:46 PM
  #421  
Kiltacular Jim
User
 
Kiltacular Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Saint Charles, MO
Posts: 12
Default

Here goes nothing...
317
'94 Coupe

Definitely might have seen this one before.
Kiltacular Jim is offline  
Old 08-23-2018, 11:36 AM
  #422  
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,948
Default

Originally Posted by Kiltacular Jim View Post
Here goes nothing...
317
'94 Coupe

Definitely might have seen this one before.
RS820317

Looks like a red coupe with cashmere interior, two options: LC partial leather and that all important 220 Limited slip differential.

This is a late "true" 94 so it has the 993 style comfort seats and lack of engine bay trim.

Jeff
jeff968 is offline  
Old 08-23-2018, 12:21 PM
  #423  
jsheiry
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jsheiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 445
Default

Jeff
A friend of mine is looking at this car, could you tell us about its options. Thank You

WP0AA296XNS820666
jsheiry is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 12:07 AM
  #424  
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,948
Default

Originally Posted by jsheiry View Post
Jeff
A friend of mine is looking at this car, could you tell us about its options. Thank You

WP0AA296XNS820666
It was on eBay last month. Black, cashmere interior, 4 options:
LC Partial leather
139 heated drivers seat
418 body side molding
437 8way full power driver's seat

If you see it could you grab the production date on the driver's door jam VIN sticker for me? Either 6/92 or 7/92. Thx
jeff968 is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 12:10 PM
  #425  
jsheiry
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jsheiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 445
Default

Jeff

Thank you. Would you mind describing what LC Partial leather actually includes? Does this mean seat faces are real leather and not pleather or does it include door panels or just what?

Thanks John
jsheiry is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 11:45 PM
  #426  
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,948
Default

Originally Posted by jsheiry View Post
Jeff

Thank you. Would you mind describing what LC Partial leather actually includes? Does this mean seat faces are real leather and not pleather or does it include door panels or just what?

Thanks John
John,

Here is your required reading assignment. You'll be an expert at the end. Jeff

968 Interiors
jeff968 is offline  
Old 08-27-2018, 11:31 AM
  #427  
jsheiry
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jsheiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 445
Default

Perfect! Thanks Jeff
jsheiry is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 12:50 PM
  #428  
URG8RB8
Super User
 
URG8RB8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangkok, Thailand, Milpitas, CA & Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 2,219
Default Real Turbo S???

Hi Jeff, very rare pop up in Hemmings today in NY, please run this VIN for me?

WP0AA2961RS820772
URG8RB8 is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 03:39 PM
  #429  
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,948
Default

Originally Posted by URG8RB8 View Post
Hi Jeff, very rare pop up in Hemmings today in NY, please run this VIN for me?

WP0AA2961RS820772
not a Turbo S for sure. This is a "regular" 968 coupe. Matter a fact, only one option, PJ partial leather in marble grey/black.7th to the last 1994. February 1994 build date.

jeff968 is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 04:27 PM
  #430  
URG8RB8
Super User
 
URG8RB8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangkok, Thailand, Milpitas, CA & Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 2,219
Default

Originally Posted by jeff968
not a Turbo S for sure. This is a "regular" 968 coupe. Matter a fact, only one option, PJ partial leather in marble grey/black.7th to the last 1994. February 1994 build date.
Wow!!! Knew it was too good to be true! Sure looks nice though and being in Hemmings I thought maybe real. I notice link is now broken. Name:  photo72.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  466.7 KBName:  photo719.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  526.8 KB
URG8RB8 is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 04:28 PM
  #431  
URG8RB8
Super User
 
URG8RB8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangkok, Thailand, Milpitas, CA & Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 2,219
Default

Interior was pristine black with sport seats. Wish I took some screen captures of the engine, it was cosmetically correct and looked perfect.
URG8RB8 is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 05:43 PM
  #432  
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,948
Default

We all know Pete. He runs RS Barn in PA. He is a long time 968er and he actually did own one of the super rare Turbo S 968s many years ago. Not sure the story behind this car but it looks nice.
FYI, you can identify a real 968 Turbo S by its unique VIN series. It has a "9" in it. So for a 1993 you would fine PS8900##, and for 1994 you would find RS8900##. I believe they only made 14 of them.
jeff968 is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 06:29 PM
  #433  
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
Jay Wellwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hotlanta - NE of the Perimeter
Posts: 11,390
Default

The Turbo S only had the NACA ducts - no intercooler hood duct. Only the Turbo RS had both hood features.
Jay Wellwood is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 07:20 PM
  #434  
URG8RB8
Super User
 
URG8RB8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangkok, Thailand, Milpitas, CA & Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 2,219
Default

I know Pete very well, I sent the pictures and add to him just before I posted here. The guy in NY has pulled down the add. My Friend Emanuel knows the owner of this white car. A ton and I mean a ton of money was spent on this car with all original Parts but it is Not original as it was listed on Hemmings. Still a great car and I would buy it for the right price. Too bad it went to a dealer.
URG8RB8 is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 11:09 AM
  #435  
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,948
Default

Originally Posted by URG8RB8 View Post
I know Pete very well, I sent the pictures and add to him just before I posted here. The guy in NY has pulled down the add. My Friend Emanuel knows the owner of this white car. A ton and I mean a ton of money was spent on this car with all original Parts but it is Not original as it was listed on Hemmings. Still a great car and I would buy it for the right price. Too bad it went to a dealer.
There are MANY special and extremely hard to find parts that go into a 968 Turbo S. Do you know what was used to build this one?

jeff968 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Excellent VIN decoder


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: