Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   968 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum-71/)
-   -   Horizon Blue 968 coupes!!!! (https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/598338-horizon-blue-968-coupes.html)

jeff968 10-25-2010 11:35 PM

Horizon Blue 968 coupes!!!!

A few have asked about the Horizon Blue coupes and with the coupe registry complete I can share their details with you. The strange thing about Horizon Blue coupes is how much rarer they are then the cabs with only 12 produced compared to 34 cabs. I guess there were more people that wanted to enjoy the top down experience with a color to match that beautiful sky. Anyway, below are the details of the HB coupes which I'm sure you will find interesting:

There were:
12 F4 Horizon Blue coupes built for the North American market

6 1992s
6 1993s
No 718 cars, all true to the model year they were built in

11 were 6 speeds
1 was a tiptronic (one of the 92s)

4 had code TT classic gray partial leather interior
3 had code LT black partial leather interior
2 had code SW marine blue partial leather interior
1 had code TU classic gray/light gray partial leather interior
1 had code TS black/light gray partial leather interior
1 had code CP cobalt multicolor cloth interior (the only NA 968, coupe or cab, produced with this rare interior)

4 had 17” wheels
2 had 595 painted rear spoiler
2 had sport seats

1 was an M030 sport chassis car with limited slip!

HBCP #1 – 92 – classic gray partial leather interior, #6 in the production run, German emissions, 17” wheels, hi-fi sound sound and amps

HBCP #2 – 92 – black partial leather interior, #11 in the production run, Canadian emissions with Canadian package (heated driver and passenger seat, headlight washers) 17” wheels, hi-fi sound sound and amps

HBCP #3 – 92 – black/light gray partial leather interior, limited slip

HBCP #4 – 92 – cobalt multicolor cloth interior, tiptronic, Canadian emissions with Canadian package (heated driver and passenger seat, headlight washers), Dual full power seats, Dual lumbar seats, hi-fi sound with amps

HBCP #5 – 92 – black partial leather interior, limited slip, sport seats, hi-fi sound with amps, rear emblem delete

HBCP #6 – 92 – black partial leather interior, Canadian emissions with Canadian package (heated driver and passenger seat, headlight washers), sport seats

HBCP #7 – 93 – classic gray partial leather interior, M030 sport suspension (with 17” wheels), limited slip, CD with hi-fi sound

HBCP #8 – 93 – classic gray partial leather interior, heated driver and passenger seat

HBCP #9 – 93 – classic gray/light gray partial leather interior, 17” wheels, full power driver’s seat

HBCP #10 – 93 – classic gray partial leather interior, limited slip, full power driver’s seat

HBCP #11 – 93 – marine blue partial leather interior, painted crest center caps, CD player with hi-fi sound, painted rear spoiler

HBCP #12 – 93 – marine blue partial leather interior, painted crest center caps, hi-fi sound, painted rear spoiler

So, there they are!!
Jeff

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73...68/968side.jpg

ramius665 10-25-2010 11:46 PM

Jeff, you truly are the best historian for these cars that any of us could have hoped for. Thanks again for knowing so much about these cars.

future 10-26-2010 12:16 AM

Jeff, you truly are the best historian for these cars that any of us could have hoped for. Thanks again for knowing so much about these cars.
I can't emphisis the above from Aaron more mate ... we all really, REALLY love your dedication to the 968 and I know we do not need to ask you to keep it up as it's in your blood mate - a STUNNING RL member you are :thumbup::cheers::biggulp:

rgs944 10-26-2010 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by ramius665 (Post 8003268)

So true

ernie9468 10-26-2010 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by ramius665 (Post 8003268)

+1 very nice to have have Jeff around ,Jeff any chance of coming up with the (AMAZONE PEARL GREEN) coupe registry.Thanks

jeff968 10-26-2010 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by ernie9468 (Post 8003490)
+1 very nice to have have Jeff around ,Jeff any chance of coming up with the (AMAZONE PEARL GREEN) coupe registry.Thanks

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I started this project 26 months ago and finished last night inputing the 4,242nd north american 968 in my database. Wow, all done but i have some good things planned with for my work including presentations next year and web site data. In the meantime, let me know any specific questions you might have.

Ernie, over 100 amazon green 968 coupes so i won't be doing a detailed list like the HBs but send me a PM and I'll tell you how your car compares.

Jeff

Fox944 10-26-2010 01:35 PM

Jeff, any chance you can do a un down on Maritime Blue Coupes & cabs?

jeff968 10-26-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fox944 (Post 8004489)
Jeff, any chance you can do a un down on Maritime Blue Coupes & cabs?

Sure Dino, I'll do them in a day or so (8 coupes, 1 cab).

User 41221 10-26-2010 02:26 PM

Jeff,

Thank you *very* much for doing this. I am pretty sure most 968 owners know that I am the leader Horizon Blue freak, so to have this info is very handy. I am currently doing a LOT of soul searching, trying to decide if I should take a totally unneccessary plunge and buy yet another Porsche (Horizon Blue coupe thats available), or if I should try and do the smart thing (there's got to be a first for everything, right? lol) and let it go.

I passed on a chance to buy the M030 coupe about two years ago when it came up for sale in Virginia, and am sort of regretting it now. The car thats up for sale is #11, and the only thing drawing me to it is the exterior color.

JonT 10-26-2010 02:28 PM

Similar question for 94-95 Iris blue, which I think was quite a bit more popular than Horizon.
Also not sure if you have "me" (RS820646, Iris blue coupe) in your data. If not PM me and I'll fill ya in.

Jon

jeff968 10-26-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by sh944 (Post 8004631)
I passed on a chance to buy the M030 coupe about two years ago when it came up for sale in Virginia, and am sort of regretting it now. The car thats up for sale is #11, and the only thing drawing me to it is the exterior color.

No kidding, the HB M030 car surfaced. What did it look like? It is a 1 of 1!!! There are 4 (based on exterior color) 1 of 1 M030 coupes and that is one of them. #11 looks pretty sweet. I'm glad I'm not you :) Difficult decision.
Jeff

User 41221 10-26-2010 03:55 PM

It was in very good shape. It had relatively low miles (around 60k), but had some mods on it that I wasn't crazy about (RS Barn header/exhaust, chips, airbox mod) as the owner was tracking the car and I also wasn't completely convinced that the maintenance was as up to date as the owner thought it was (no fault of his own, I think he was just following the advice of the shop that was maintaning it). While all of those items could have been easily been corrected, he was pretty set on his asking price of $20k and I could have seen myself easily putting in better than $5k immediately getting the maintenance brought up to my standard and replacing the aftermarket parts. As much as I love 968's, spending $30k on one, even a 1 of 1 HB coupe, just doesn't add up. Instead, I bought a '58 H-D Panhead and a '56 International Harvester S-100 street rodded pickup with a Hemi in it. lol The guy did sell it for pretty much his asking price, altho I don't know if it stayed local to the Roanoke area or where it went.

I am in a similar quandry over the current one. I have a *very* well sorted, well optioned '87 Ocean Blue 951. If I pursue the 968, I think I really should say goodbye to the 951 but I'd never come close to recouping the money I have in it, plus I dislike the blue interior and lack of lsd on the 968, and would be tempted to turbo it.

I'm still tossing on this one, but am leaning closer to keeping what I have got and letting the dream of a HB coupe go. I've also been thinking about crossing over to the dark side and getting a 996/997tt or possibly a GT3.

odurandina 10-26-2010 08:13 PM

Jeff, you rock.

respectfully,

Mr mOD.

kappa87 10-26-2010 10:42 PM

Sweet!! One of 34 aint bad. Good work man!

User 41221 10-26-2010 11:41 PM

Hey Kappa, welcome to the HB Cab club! I'd love to know where all teh cabs are, I've only known of Larry in Alabama, the gal that showed up at the Hershey swap meet and one other, beside you and myself. Any other HB Cab owners here?

As for the HB coupes, I knew where the M030 coupe was but its since been sold, FR has one out in CA and #11 is currently in VA.