Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Seek interior part: "strip for switches"

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 PM
John Etnier
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Referring to the picture at the top of this thread, go to the center bottom of the drawing and follow the vertical line up to its target. That sensor's purpose is pretty much as you describe.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

JDS, I don't know where to get things anodized, but afaik it's a similar process to powder coating so ask your guy next time.

Simply spray painting the aluminum would probably achieve the same look, but it won't be perfect.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:02 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
JDS, I don't know where to get things anodized, but afaik it's a similar process to powder coating so ask your guy next time.
Similar how? I know how powdercoating works, but I always though anodizing somehow involved immersing the aluminum in water with something dissolved in it and running current through it...I suppose that's one of those things I should read up on...

Either way, I'll ask him.

If I or somebody else were to make these for sale, the anodizing could even allow the strip to be colormatched to your exterior color...

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Simply spray painting the aluminum would probably achieve the same look, but it won't be perfect.
I've actually been very happy with my results spray painting some things, but I wouldn't use it for something that I'm always going to be poking and such.

I'll look into this and maybe build a prototype over the 4th of July weekend, if I don't get caught up in a whole lot of other crap...which I usually do...

Quick Reply: Seek interior part: "strip for switches"