968 Forum 1992-1995

WTB: Passenger side control arm

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:23 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Passenger side control arm

Trying to find a nice passenger side 968 control arm. I already have a driver side 968 arm, so I'm looking for the match to it. Preferably one that needs a rebuild. No sense in tearing apart one that's good to go. Not sure if all 968 arms came with the brake scoop mounts, but would like to get an arm with them.

Thanks,
Cory
Old 08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

All 968 arms have the deflector mounts in them.
Raj
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 PM
kwikt
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call Travis at Rennbay. He can help you out on 968 arms.

Kevin
Old 08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Miles968
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for going off topic but....I have alway wondered which way the deflectors work? Does the air come thru the wheel pass thru the rotor down thru the little scoops on the back of the rotors and down to the deflectors? Or is it the other way around, from the deflector up? With the amount of brake dust on my wheels it seem possible that they deflect up and back out the wheels?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:17 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

From the pictures I have seen, it appears as if the air comes from the front of the car and hits the deflectors pushing air towards the brakes and wheel bearings. I have added 951 brake ducts and inner fenders to my S2 and will be adding 968 scoops as well (mainly because I already have one 968 arm). Rather then fab up mounts, I'd like it to appear factory. Thus the reason for needing another 968 arm

OCD? Yes lol
Old 08-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Trying to find a nice passenger side 968 control arm. I already have a driver side 968 arm, so I'm looking for the match to it. Preferably one that needs a rebuild. No sense in tearing apart one that's good to go. Not sure if all 968 arms came with the brake scoop mounts, but would like to get an arm with them.

Thanks,
Cory
I thought 968 arms could not be rebuilt? IIRC they are sealed and have no snap ring to get the ball joint out. Regards.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:21 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts

968 arms I also thought could not be rebuilt. I have a pair in excellent shape of my garage kept parts car. I would rather sell them as a pair but do not know what would be fair since you cannot buy these anymore. they both have the deflectors. They can be bought and require a core but do not be suprised when they show up and are the 944/951 arms.... Thoughts guys?

Cheers, Mike
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Wow...I won't even comment on what I just did to my 968 arm.

Well, I'll take those arms off your hands so long as the ball joints are in good shape and I still use 968 arms.

However, I'm now rethinking the 968 arms. I need the geometry correcting balljoints (will be lowering my car).

Ugh...I can't believe this. They have to be rebuildable if they ask for cores when you buy new ones??

Anyways, PM me a price that you feel is fair.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:48 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Cory, I looked around and tried to find 968 arms to see what they were going for so I knew what would be fair for both of us price wise. Much to my suprise everyone that had some only had the 944 arms and no one had 968 arms.... Seemed odd to me but I know they sometimes have issues. what I did find is the balljoint kits are around $199 and the new arms are about $455-489 each. So.. with this in mind I'll sell mine that have good ball joints, bushings, and deflectors for $500 for the pair- I'll pick up shipping. Let me know what you think, Just do not want to let them go too cheap only to find out months from now that I need some. I'm sure you understand- Cheers, Mike
Old 08-22-2009, 06:16 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

I will have to look around. Now sure if I'll stick with 968 arms or go 951 arms and geometry correcting balljoints. That's just my main cause. I get paid again the first week of September. I will let you know soon on what I decide to do. Definitely interested though as this would save some money and time (if the bushings are in great shape like said).
Old 08-22-2009, 06:34 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

no worries either way, I'll box em up and set them aside untill you decide.........rap rhime unintentional

Cheers, Mike

side note- we name all our cars also... Our Toureg is named Nemo- you can guess, Bruce is my F150 lifted tow beast (also from finding nemo the shark name) Sally is our 968 cab- go ahead and sing it out loud.. "ride Sally ride" you get the idea, Helga is my big badass german bitch 930 you never want to mess with a chick named Helga, Zowie is my wifes 350Zcab, you know had to have a "Z" in it, and Betsy is the car that started it all my 951.... because I never dated anyone named Betsy so the wife could not accuse me of "old girlfriend syndrome"................heck this could be a thread...hummm
Old 08-23-2009, 01:58 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Haha good deal.

Yea, Christine comes from, well...the movie. That car was junk and rebuilt by a young kid and it loved it's owner but was jealous of girls. I wrecked my S2, am I young kid rebuilding her, she's red and never has anything past making out happened in it. Also my first car. And people picked on me in school, too. The similarities could go on for a while, it was fitting lol.

Jenna comes from...well, I'm not sure. Just...came to me one day lol

Quick Reply: WTB: Passenger side control arm