Bravo pour tout le boulot.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:16 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Thom
Très rafraichissant ton frangliche.
Bravo pour tout le boulot.
Merci, un peu de souvenirs et un peu de Google Traduc. et on arrive a publier la saga concernant cette reconstruction d'une des quatres 968 Turbo RS!!!
Old 06-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Ah, si c'est du Google Trouduc ça me rassure, parce que c'est pas vraiment facile à lire
Comme suggéré plus haut tu gagnerais en contrôle à régler la pression en fonction de l'angle d'ouverture du papillon. Ça doit être assez facile à faire avec ton boîtier.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:11 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Originally Posted by Thom
Ah, si c'est du Google Trouduc ça me rassure, parce que c'est pas vraiment facile à lire
Comme suggéré plus haut tu gagnerais en contrôle à régler la pression en fonction de l'angle d'ouverture du papillon. Ça doit être assez facile à faire avec ton boîtier.
La saga est sur 7 autres forums français !!! Au cas ou !!!!
Old 06-11-2018, 04:34 AM
gilbert83
Racer

We are at D-17 of Dijon meeting!!!!

This week, the car will go to Castellet Car Motorsport for the revision before meeting and it will remain there until his departure for Dijon.But before, since she had not shot for 15 days, a small exit from her cocoon .....

All is well, starting at 1/4 turn after the ritual rise in oil pressure.

The program includes engine oil change, oil pump belts, power steering and alternator.Cleaning air filter.Bleed the brakes, and of course the usual check of levels and tightening.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:22 AM
gilbert83
Racer

The list of entries for the Dijon meeting has been published .............

A plateau of 43 cars !!!!With 25 Saloon Car that will make the first half-hour race with us and then continue for another 30 minutes the 6 HCV / GT and the 12 Ferdinand Cup.

The departure promises to be nice !!!

Old 06-27-2018, 12:43 PM
gilbert83
Racer

A dense Wednesday !! In the morning, go to Castellet Car Motorsport to finish bleeding the brakes (I like to feel my pedal and check his guard).

Still show in the repair shop.mechanics..the 993 GT2 began its resurrection !!! And by his side the mule (engine atmo 3L6) advance quietly and could be used next year in the Ferdinand Cup. The 928 has its first laps !! She flashe well in white

11.30 car loaded ...... ..

16:00 the Captiva seems empty without his barnums !!

For Dijon 8 of the family "Ferdinand Cup" gather in two boxes and I took this option because I will not have my little wife to assemble and dismount all the "little village" that we usually lug around.

Departure of the convoy: 7:30 tomorrow direction Dijon -Prenois
Old 07-02-2018, 08:58 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Departure as planned and arrival at 16h at the hotel.Many many cars and trucks on the road but no traffic jams

On the way, reunion with DUMAY father and son and their gleaming 911. Arrived first at the circuit of Dijon-Prenois, discovery boxes and setting up our cars

Small problem !!! the 8 cars will never go into 2 boxes! To follow tomorrow
Ghost track when this morning I join the paddock !!

But at noon, the Ferdinand Cup was complete with 12 cars;And camaraderie playing thoroughly, everyone agreed to stay grouped, even without a place in the 2 reserved boxes

The free trials sound the death knell of the black cat who persecuted me for 3 years !!!Caution, recognition and monitoring of temperature and pressure values: RAS !!!With 1'38 "187 the 968 is the 3rd time of the Ferdinand Cup behind the 944 turbo of HENOUT / HAMON (1'38" 523) and the leader: the 911 XXL of DUPONT / NOIRET (1'37 "187)
Tomorrow qualifying in the morning and race 1 in the afternoon.
Saturday morning, qualifications. Again, with 45 cars on the track, it was not until the 18th lap that I made a modest 1'38 "860! The car lacked stability braking and I could not support it well in the curves on the right and the passage in Pouas was a real game of balance.On the pits, surprise, the front left tire shows 1.5 bar pressure ???? The others are OK with the optimal 1.95.Puncture slow or sudden loss of air after a passage on vibrator in the first laps with the cold tire ??? In doubt, decision is made to mount the wheels reserved for free practice; too bad if the tires are a little more worn and old !

Yet the morning had begun well with the meeting of an Aventador in the parking of my Hotel !!!!

We will start on the 12th line with the 4th time of the Ferdinand Cup
Saturday afternoon Race 1 which will last 1 hour with 32 ° in the shade !!! The departure in the middle of the Saloon Cars is always a moment of intense madness ....... and as expected we were entitled a lot of outings and a safety car for nearly 6 laps to clear a big crash in Pouas between 2 saloon cars. The first 30 minutes being passed, and my regulatory booth done, I was in sight of the 944 Turbo ENOUT / HAMON and the recovery was done turn after turn, when brutally "The black cat" of Dijon reappeared !! ! Repeated cuts in the raidillon and the rise of Pouas ??? Essence ??? High temperature safety ??? In short, the 944 went away and I was overtaken by 2 other cars of the Ferdinand Cup. Checkered flag ..... 4th. Little consolation I am improving my time with 1'37 "718.

To decompress, small shooting of our neighbors Box !!!

Tomorrow will be another day...............…

Sunday morning 10am and already a temperature of 35 ° of the air !!! Departure less chaotic than the day before, and the first 30 minutes are going well. At the end of the first 28 laps, I'm 3rd of the Ferdinand Cup with the 944 turbo ENOUT / HAMON when braking the pit straight at the 5 => 4, the clutch pedal remains at the bottom ???? Passing the acrobatic curve in 4 instead of 3 at the limit of the gravel tray and it is a nightmare that will begin. At every walkout I am obliged with the tip of the left foot to reassemble the clutch pedal after disengaging !!!!!! And icing on the cake, the black cat was watching and here are the cuts that resume in the mountains or I put full load! Slowly but surely, I retrograde place and it is in the penultimate lap that I rank a little to pass the 911 DUMAY / OFF which takes the 4th place

After the podiums, 1 hour race with 50 ° in the cockpit and outside air at more than 37 ° C The grandpa of 66 years still has a little under the feet and will in the wake of Dijon => La Cadière ( 630 km)

I go back in the car and ???the pedal returns normally after having disengaged !!!!Explanations of these 2 problems: The jar of brake fluid is just above the turbo and the temperature has risen too much causing a boiling disturbing the clutch transmitter .. When micro-cuts and the pressure drop of the turbo, allsimply due to the safety of the plant because the oil temperature had reached 115 ° C.This hot spot is only reached in the two steep or precisely I asked full load to the engine!It is true that this car had never run 1h in a row under 40 ° C !!Consolation, after only 2 meetings out of 3 of participation, the 968 is 3rd of this Challenge Ferdinand Cup

Too bad the final Bugatti does not stick to my program ... ..financial !!!!!
Old 07-03-2018, 10:09 AM
gilbert83
Racer

A bit of animation with a condensed qualifications practice and the pressure loss of the left Front tire !!

Old 07-03-2018, 10:00 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbert83
A bit of animation with a condensed qualifications practice and the pressure loss of the left Front tire !!
Going back to re-read from beginning but GREAT JOB...!

This is the kind of content there should be more of here, so thank you for posting, I enjoyed the pictures and your personal experience account.

Tracks with historic notoriety.

* You are only entrant without a Team name....!

* It looks like 1/2 garages (boxes) was lost as a drive through access onto circuit..?

Thanks again for posting. Great car and nice driving...!

T
Old 07-04-2018, 02:05 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Going back to re-read from beginning but GREAT JOB...!

This is the kind of content there should be more of here, so thank you for posting, I enjoyed the pictures and your personal experience account.

Tracks with historic notoriety.

* You are only entrant without a Team name....!

* It looks like 1/2 garages (boxes) was lost as a drive through access onto circuit..?

Thanks again for posting. Great car and nice driving...!

T
Thank you for your encouragement
Old 07-04-2018, 09:35 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Race 1, seen from the inside of the 968 ... and the rage to leave the 3rd place to 1 lap of the arrival ... turbo power that fades over turns ..

Old 07-04-2018, 09:37 AM
gilbert83
Racer

On TV channel ……………..race VHC start 5h12 to 6h28

Old 07-04-2018, 01:44 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Dijon, it's over! We will take care of the 968 .... Interior and exterior cleaning !! 300gr of frayed gum nested in the left side of the front shield ??

And yes, it was the side where I did the qualifying tests with 1.5 b tire pressure
The turbo that did not give his power = split hose in the elbow just above the body of the turbo! And not visible to inspection ... Grrr

A little insulating tape to show the split part

Hydraulic jar too exposed to the heat of the turbo and the quilting for the supply for the clutch is 1cm below the filling.

Today, the 968 is at Castellet Car Motorsport where we will remedy these small anomalies and especially dismantle the shock absorbers that I will send for refurbishment at SOBEN, exclusive importer of INTRAX.The last revision dates from ... .2013 !!!They need it, the car began to waddle seriously.

Before going down again, a small shooting in the workshop or a 993 is preparing for the track

and where a RSR has charmed my ears !!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:04 PM
gilbert83
Racer

A small round trip to Castellet Car Motorsport to recover the shocks absorbers...... .The fronts were being dismantled

tomorrow the rear , and it will go to SOBEN in the wake.A small inspection has already shown that the brake cooling boas should be replaced

..to be continued……….

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 968 turbo rs replica