Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968 turbo rs replica

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 12:13 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Awesome photos Gilbert!!!!

btw, can you please consider retiring the RS in her pristine state?
Old 04-23-2016, 02:11 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
Awesome photos Gilbert!!!!

btw, can you please consider retiring the RS in her pristine state?
retiring the RS in her pristine state? I don't understand. This car is not an original 968 turbo RS but a "replica"
Old 04-26-2016, 01:23 PM
gilbert83
Racer

That's not all, but there is work to do on the car before Val de Vienne !!!
So little getaway to bring the car on Monday Alés

Auto on deck for an audit of RAS clamps ....

We pass the BBS rims of front that problem by being equipped in MSC2 245 are 2mm wings !!! All was well with the slick Yoko 230. ???
First option, remove the aluminum bowls and replace them with standard 993 turbo bowls that are thinner 8mm

But it will be machined inside the bowls by sending 1.5mm for the discs centered on the calipers !!!!
2nd option: mount the 235mm with existing bowls. Information taken nearby Michelin diameter decreases: it goes from 661mm to 653mm and width too: it goes from 258mm to 251mm.
Decision: Tires 235 ordered and we keep the aluminum bowls.

In passing, we note that an front board lost pieces in the center ??? They were 60% wear, they are changed.

We approach the problem of "manettino" who no longer acts on the turbo pressure. I did everything with Lédenon always 0,85b whatever position

Before launching into inspections electronics, Dimitri begins by making a check the connectors. RAS to the case level or at central level

But ..... bingo on the last junction (arrow) that goes to the solenoid valve 3-way (circled); a crimp connector is no longer ???

A change simply.
Ouff !! Relieved because I could not see myself tweaking the Haltech central management !!!

Last big black point ... .tank "PREMIER" which saw its expiration date expire in February 2016 (5 years of age so)

A derogation granted to me was Lédenon (April 16); it was very nice.
The importer tells us that the 120L I have not done any more !!!! And the price of replacing ... delusional € 2,000 HT !! And the time ..... longggggggg.

We launches out on the most current ATL and multiple retailers. So, we will decrease the capacity, no need 120L to 4x 30mn a day. 80L will suffice.

Luckily, there is the dimension that will return to the current form of rear my floor, just to buy the aluminum casing and strap it on the floor.

The announced deadline is 4 weeks; Val de Vienne on 13/14 May is baked; it will be driving on the two days, too bad for both races of the Challenge.

I return seek self just before leaving for the Val De Vienne; she is pampered and it will be with his girlfriend
Old 04-26-2016, 10:56 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Nice turbo boost control label...simply brilliant!
Old 04-30-2016, 01:49 PM
gilbert83
Racer

The last commands came home
First a MSC2 set 235/40/18 that will enable me to finally use the BBS and keep the "Veloce" for rolling

And finally my petrol jerry cans with long spout and especially their small venting that allows to empty faster.

The mechanic who was following my Marcos had such jerrican and it is really very practical, because we funnel passes and gaining force .....
On Alés, will get two odds that the mechanic will rise:
Led electric switch for my transponder because it was connected directly to the battery

And finally an oil temperature gauge that will replace the turbo mano on the console that is no use. Indeed, the functional is above the dash

And we will be ok for Val de Vienne in rolling mode on two days as ATL tank happen only to Dijon !!! So no racing for me; but the team will be present with the 944 Turbo Cup and the duet "father & son" behind the wheel !!
Old 05-06-2016, 08:51 PM
gilbert83
Racer

And in less than 7 days, it will .......................

Old 05-09-2016, 11:37 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Schedules of Val de Vienne ...... ..... dense and varied as usual !!!!
Thursday Departure The Cadiére .........

Old 05-11-2016, 12:40 PM
gilbert83
Racer

The convoy is ready for a 7:00 departure tomorrow morning for Bouresse, a small village 18 km from the circuit of Val de Vienne.

For anxious ... it passes !!!!

Old 05-12-2016, 03:12 PM
EliteThink
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm scared for that hood!
Old 05-16-2016, 04:43 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Originally Posted by EliteThink
I'm scared for that hood!
No problem, already 6000 km and never hassle
Old 05-16-2016, 11:41 AM
gilbert83
Racer

The long journey ended with a Sunday return in late afternoon and 10 hour trip !!!!!
The key words which summarize this meeting: Rain, rain and wind !!!!! Not great for this circuit or track lines are often absent, making confused tar and gravel trap !!!

Returning to this adventure "Val de Vienne"
Arrival around 17h Thursday to take our room Bouresse, a small village 15/20 minutes from the circuit.
18h, preparing the bivouac in the Paddock and 20h to the team met. Overcast, damp and drizzly and the west wind leaving little hope

The Team had found Fabien and his 930

And a new passion, met on Lédenon came to end up with a ......................

The camp was full look great

Little Night recovery after a well embellished cocktail of some specialties and in the morning, morale is not looking good, as time ...

And this is the start for the first 10h-running session

soaked track, rain and wind ..... in short, everything to discover this circuit.
And horror was the appointment because my windshield was unable to defog and the aerator that I added was turning into water jet on my face and my glasses !!

4 small towers and we go out before because of zero visibility.

Noon, second session, always rain. I cleaned up my windshield, put the fan before to heat the air and I seal 3/4 arrival outside air

The car is in Dunlop "rain" but a little too hard set (Lédenon settings) and the circuit not easy to find: 2'18 "98 is my best time of the session.

15h, we leave for the third session; wet track but more rain.
Even settings retained for learning. 2'11 "50 The circuit is always tricky and kicking the car quite difficult to master (manettino on turtle yet !!!)

4:50 p.m., the colleagues of the Challenge Cup Sport make their qualifications. The 968 there will not go because the tank has exceeded its approval date of 2 months 1/2; and this time no exception. I was aware and that's without bitterness that I followed these trials

17:45 I leave for my last session; the track was still damp but not drizzle
The tracing starts back: 2'02 "45

Late afternoon and palaver about our performance

Without forgetting the essential !! Refueling .............

Saturday, 7:00 am, I change my tires because the "rain" have suffered in the last session that was drying !!

Alas, all night it drizzled and the track was still wet and Sport Cup will not do miracles in the 8am session: 2'30"28 Disgusting !!!! but no free face or tray. It is essential

9:55, this is the first race of the Sport Cup

Dimitri made 6 overall and podium Classic !!! (3rd)

11:20, I eased a little shock and I run for my 2nd session of the day: The track is less humid and I get to hang a 2'00 "31.

Small meal eaten quickly and following the final race of the BRM Sport Cup

Fabian is 3rd overall and 2nd in Classic. Boris sent a good resistance and completes 8 / 10th before his pursuer.

The Sport Cup just ended, I continue my session and I really began to feel better self, as I put on the manettino skull and I can improve my time malgrés the "circulation": 1'57 " 78

4:25 p.m., just enough time to recover from gasoline and this will be the last session. On the ends beautifully with my fastest time on both days: 1'56 "07

A cocktail buffet supper us (to finish the leftovers !!!) and we returned our house not too late .....

And the next day, opening the shutters ....

Sun, sun all day .......... and roll with it !!! A one day meadows !!!
Old 05-16-2016, 04:15 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Only one video at the meeting "exclusive track day" for me ( No race) !!!!
Best lap: 1'56 "07

Old 05-23-2016, 01:14 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Despite a time not at the top !!!! With the indispensable umbrella ...

an "outdated" tank, good humor was the appointment with an air very "family" .... around a champagne coupette ............

And the 968 was still able to run ..................

I keep it there to the end !!

Old 05-26-2016, 05:03 PM
gilbert83
Racer

When it does not go, do not force the destiny and wait until conditions become serene.
The problem of the tank longer qualifies and still not delivered came to add a worry of broken studs at the turbo; he'll have to disassemble turbo with all devices to have access !!! There, it was the problems on the car, but it came to add a small health problem for the pilot: tendinitis lined with phlebitis early ..... so let's go through the box "REST "for the month of June to complete. No Dijon and no ZANDVOORT. We will return in the seat on July 1 for a track day at Barcelona and it will serve to debug 968 that has had its "fitness". For PAU will be 15 days after !!!!!!

Old 06-07-2016, 06:31 PM
gilbert83
Racer

By way of rehabilitation, a small round trip on Alés to file the 968. There taf to do to get fit: All drains and filters; repair studs on the output of the turbo, replacement of a brake pipe to a bracket; replacing the fuel tank finally arrived !!!!

she found his usual place

Finally the tank and its box are there

The flange of the "ATL" seems iso than the "PREMIER"

Car recovery June 30 by going to Barcelona to make a day of testing on Friday, July 1 with the Porsche Centre Montpellier. The car and driver should be restored ...... !!!!

Quick Reply: 968 turbo rs replica