968 Forum 1992-1995

968 turbo rs replica

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 10:48 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello.
I am very pleased to continue to make you live the French adventure of this beautiful 968 Turbo RS.

I brought her to France in August 2015 and I immediately engaged in the Championship of France Historic circuits. I had started this championship driving a Marcos Mantis GTO

First meeting at Nogaro

First race: 4éme/8 in GTC3
2nd race : 4éme / 8 in GTC3
3rd race :Abort following a loss of a screw that holds the linkage the gearbox !!!

I have fixed

Last meeting: Lédenon
With my friend who have a 944 turbo Cup

First race
4éme /7 in GTC3

2nd race
3éme / 7 in GTC3 .....My first podium wiyh this car

I end this 2015 championship in 11th place overall after having run on two different cars (4th and 5th in GTC2 in GTC3)

And to finish this year, I went on Paul Ricard where I could drive 6 times 30 minutes

In conclusion: This 968 is really a very good race car and seems very reliable

In 2016, with my friend and his 944 Turbo Cup, we will run the Sport Cup Challenge with the Porsche Club Motorsport

Old 12-19-2015, 12:06 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice, thanks for all the pictures and the history update?

Are those headlights custom made?
Old 12-19-2015, 12:32 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Originally Posted by touareg
Nice, thanks for all the pictures and the history update?

Are those headlights custom made?
I do not know. I bought the car like that.I think in previous posts, there must be the explanation
Old 12-20-2015, 03:17 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Tomorrow, day of truth !!!

Power of engine to the various positions of manettino ?????
Auto Weight: ???????

She is on the trailer, early departure to Aix en Provence at MF PowerCompétition.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:32 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Big day at 7:30 am with a start to Aix ................. some congestion and arrive at the workshop.
Car discharged, moored

and it pulls .............. tortoise and hare skull and finally !!!! Not bad at all, with a remark technicians, "the mixture is too rich you really wash too !!! cylinders in our opinion."
Needless to follow a good half-dozen shots with corrections to this mixture but without much down either, as a turbo is not an atmo, and a lot of factors can disturb the results.
The acquisition of data via the Haltech system which equips the car can act in small successive strokes immediately after each shot.
The 10th will be the last shot.

With acceptable values ​​but still "rich" We were on the 0.72 to 5500tr / min at the first shot and was now 0.77.

We thus arrive at a power to the wheels that range from 320-380 hp. Not bad at all!!!

Management balances to measure the weight
1136 kg with 25 liters of gasoline and wheels "Veloce 3.6L" which lestent Auto 12 kg compared to the BBS.
A weighed with the driver: 1212 kg.

it did not work the weight to the wheels because the transition to MSC2 over Yoko Slicks may have to make us change the geometry. We'll see after the planned early March Bugatti how does the car with the current settings.

Next step: the great review that will be done at CAS in early January.

Happy Holidays !!!!!
Old 12-22-2015, 07:35 PM
touareg
Drifting

That is pretty good on the weight, with driver only 2672 Lbs! Power to weight is great.

Originally Posted by gilbert83
Big day at 7:30 am with a start to Aix ................. some congestion and arrive at the workshop.
Car discharged, moored

and it pulls .............. tortoise and hare skull and finally !!!! Not bad at all, with a remark technicians, "the mixture is too rich you really wash too !!! cylinders in our opinion."
Needless to follow a good half-dozen shots with corrections to this mixture but without much down either, as a turbo is not an atmo, and a lot of factors can disturb the results.
The acquisition of data via the Haltech system which equips the car can act in small successive strokes immediately after each shot.
The 10th will be the last shot.

With acceptable values ​​but still "rich" We were on the 0.72 to 5500tr / min at the first shot and was now 0.77.

We thus arrive at a power to the wheels that range from 320-380 hp. Not bad at all!!!

Management balances to measure the weight
1136 kg with 25 liters of gasoline and wheels "Veloce 3.6L" which lestent Auto 12 kg compared to the BBS.
A weighed with the driver: 1212 kg.

it did not work the weight to the wheels because the transition to MSC2 over Yoko Slicks may have to make us change the geometry. We'll see after the planned early March Bugatti how does the car with the current settings.

Next step: the great review that will be done at CAS in early January.

Happy Holidays !!!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 01:18 PM
gilbert83
Racer

It gently puts it ...... preparing the revision of early season !!!
The car came out of his garage and is on its trailer

Tomorrow departure for Alés to find the offices of Classic Auto Sport ..................

The program change fluids, belts, ignition and a complete check up of tightening and marking anything that resembles a nut: lol: Since its revision in Holland before recovering, I have not gone on a lift !!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:42 AM
gilbert83
Racer

A busy weekend !!
Time soon arrive at Classic Auto Sport, and soon landed up on deck for the great review of early season ...

Flat front bottom removed is the big piece that begins: Changing belts 4

The output of the central pulley vilo will cause all devices

Reassembly

Small-time against the belt of the oil pump is too long !! Lindsay has changed its references from the original installation and the former is rising while waiting for the same nine !! Otherwise, it will take shim to pump support to make up the gap in Length.

Contact, it turns !!! The oil must be heated before emptying and Dimi, the mechanic took the opportunity to do a full check of the bodies under the body.

Checking tightening gimbals screws, rods, shock absorbers

Verification of the exhaust and supercharging line

The oil is hot, engine oil, so the easily accessible oil tank !!

We dismantle one of the connections on the bottom of the case to fully drain the remaining pipes.

New oil filter and fill 13 L of PETRONAS Syntium Racer 10W60. , The circuit should contain L 15/16; the difference must be trapped in the two oil coolers and some hoses.

Emptying the gearbox for easy filling can be accessed directly with the can !! The new rear floor and 120L aviation fuel tank have cleared all environmental transmission . We will do the season with Motul 74W140 with an intermediate drain.

Replacement of the brake fluid pressure machine with the final purge pedal .... old !!!

The check up revealed a leak at the DA bowl leak that dirties the entire right side of the engine compartment in addition to the recovery of oil vapors.

Bowl starting hoses will be changed; you must also replace the coils and spark plugs (I had not done the reading references) and the air filter.

So it was decided to leave the car at Classic Auto Sport that he ends the review completely. The first race is early March; it has time to tweak everything.

Through the cabin "engine" of the workshop, I could not help admiring the work in progress !!
What goldsmith work of refurbishing this old Flat6 !!

And 4-cylinder quietly waiting reassembly !!! But shhh !!! it's a secret!!

In short, a dream holiday among enthusiasts who really love what they do and I'll share the adventure throughout the new season by participating in the BRM Sport Cup Trophy Porsche Motorsport.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-26-2016, 10:20 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beautiful car love that livery
Old 01-29-2016, 09:59 AM
touareg
Drifting

Yes, thanks for all the photos and sharing!
Old 01-29-2016, 12:03 PM
az968gpw
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Looking forward to seeing your season unfold! What fun you are having!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:26 PM
4kix66
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The underside and engine pix are…..ummmm….even ….well…. erotic! Please more but only one per day.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:57 PM
az968gpw
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

If the picture lasts more than four hours, see your doctor.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:19 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

this page of this thread....
an all-time classic.

Quick Reply: 968 turbo rs replica