968 Forum 1992-1995

Help with 968 turbo hood latches and intercooler mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 01:52 PM
87nine5one
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with 968 turbo hood latches and intercooler mount

Hi all I’m currently working on putting my 944 Turbo Donor Turbo engine an interior into my 968 shell I’m having difficulty mounting the intercooler which I bought from speed force racing which is slightly larger than the stock 951 intercooler please refer to the pics and any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. So far I cut the piece of the support brace it would hold the stock 968 airbox which I’m not really too crazy but I’m having a cut the car but at the same time I want to make this into a 968 turbo replica
in addition I’m trying to mount the duel hood latches to close the hood the same way that the stock 968 turbo did any advice or guidance on it would be greatly appreciate as well thank you

Old 11-29-2021, 11:40 PM
87nine5one
Rennlist Member

Bump,

this set up seems like chasing a unicorn, is there anyone that has done this set up?
Old 11-30-2021, 02:48 PM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by 87nine5one
Bump,

this set up seems like chasing a unicorn, is there anyone that has done this set up?
Yes I have built a 968 Turbo S/RS replica and the work you describe is all about looking at factory pictures and measuring mocking, measuring and mocking til you get it right. Alot of material in the front needs to be removed and new metal welded in to get it like porsche did it. Check out pictures in Rainer Telkamps homepage were you can get tips. He rebuilt a factory car there.

Pic of my enginebay below
Greetings from Sweden 🇸🇪

Old 11-30-2021, 09:44 PM
87nine5one
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PF
Yes I have built a 968 Turbo S/RS replica and the work you describe is all about looking at factory pictures and measuring mocking, measuring and mocking til you get it right. Alot of material in the front needs to be removed and new metal welded in to get it like porsche did it. Check out pictures in Rainer Telkamps homepage were you can get tips. He rebuilt a factory car there.

Pic of my enginebay below
Greetings from Sweden 🇸🇪

Wow! Thank you! Your car came out amazing! The pics on Rainer’s site are also extremely helpful! Where did you get the aluminum mounts for the hood latches? I’m definitely relieved that I didn’t cut anything too much or wrong. What did you use to make smooth cuts in the sheet metal? I’m trying not to hack the car up either.

thanks again!

Quick Reply: Help with 968 turbo hood latches and intercooler mount