968 Forum 1992-1995

Putting a Race car back together

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 11:06 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
Congrats on the purchase! Overhaul looking great. Never had the chance of having #75 and your car on track with Joel to spar. Would have been fun. I see you are in the Northeast. Will you be racing that beauty?
Pablo.....!

How you doing man...?

Transmission still holding up..?

[edit] - just watched your COTA vid.....d@mend 911s, fast on the straight, park in the corners...

T
Old 01-25-2019, 06:14 PM
Isaacsracing
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
Congrats on the purchase! Overhaul looking great. Never had the chance of having #75 and your car on track with Joel to spar. Would have been fun. I see you are in the Northeast. Will you be racing that beauty?
Hi Pablo, I'm staying in DE for now. I really enjoy that environment and am not sure I'm feeling the competitiveness to race. I might change my mind with some more experience though. I checked out some of your photos. You have quite an awesome 968. Love the aero - everything really! Very nicely done. I'm in CT. Maybe our paths will cross at some point. Thanks for your note.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:45 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by Isaacsracing
Hi Pablo, I'm staying in DE for now. I really enjoy that environment and am not sure I'm feeling the competitiveness to race. I might change my mind with some more experience though. I checked out some of your photos. You have quite an awesome 968. Love the aero - everything really! Very nicely done. I'm in CT. Maybe our paths will cross at some point. Thanks for your note.
When my son and I were starting out years ago, we travelled with racers but only De'ed ourselves.
Nights at the track, motor home to motor home visits, all of the people we hung with were racers.
To the man, they all told us, once you race, you'll never do a DE again.
We were grooming towards that goal as it was, but never truer words were ever spoken.

DE is great and it's more under control but nothing beats the ultimate rush of seeing the green and going door to door to T1.
Have since given it up to soley support my son's efforts.

Hadn't heard from Pablo is years, except when LinkedIn spammed my inbox from his work email....
Sold him a 6 speed once and narrowly missed crossing paths when he had to back out of a COTA trip when we were there.
Humble guy.
Stinkin' fast driver.

T
Old 01-26-2019, 08:08 AM
rap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pablo could drive a trash can lid fast.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

So I hear!
Old 01-26-2019, 04:42 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Max's carbon car will be GT5 I think, but Pablo on a different platform than all our cars or I would arrange a meet up.

I would like to see my son Eon vs Pablo in same class.....Sebring, NOLA or Road Atlanta.

T
Old 01-26-2019, 10:47 PM
Isaacsracing
Racer

Pablo's car looks VERY well set up - amazing. The aero is quite the package. I also love the headlights. Who sells a kit like that?

I slipped the rear torsion bar assembly into place tonight. I'm hoping to put more pieces on it tomorrow. The trailing arms and then the axles - which I need to service first.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:23 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Inspired by Pablo's car, I made my own. It was A LOT of work - at least 20 hours, maybe closer to 40, between building the buckets, shaping the brackets to fit, contorting myself like a circus act to attach the buckets to the brackets, and then, the Piece de Resistance, the lexan covers. I thought flat covers would look cheap, so I devised a way to curve them to roughly match the contours of the fenders. At least ten hours in this project alone, but they turned out pretty well, and save about 30 pounds off the front end. I would post pictures, but I no longer can on this site, for some reason (I can post on other forums just fine).
Old 01-27-2019, 12:36 AM
951and944S
Race Car

@Cloud9...68 , you can post pics.

Are they already uploaded on the web....?

Or are they just on your computer storage drive...?

T
Old 01-27-2019, 12:38 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Pablo's car looks VERY well set up - amazing. The aero is quite the package. I also love the headlights. Who sells a kit like that?

I slipped the rear torsion bar assembly into place tonight. I'm hoping to put more pieces on it tomorrow. The trailing arms and then the axles - which I need to service first.
Looks good, are you installing coil spring shocks or did you leave the torsion bar....?

T

Old 01-27-2019, 02:26 AM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 951and944S
@Cloud9...68 , you can post pics.

Are they already uploaded on the web....?

Or are they just on your computer storage drive...?

T
I used to be able to load pics, but that ability disappeared a couple of months ago. The pics are on my computer's hard drive. I can post pictures on another forum I frequent, but no longer on Rennlist. No idea why - it just stopped working. Very frustrating. I posted on this earlier, and several people chimed in that it may have to do with the fact that I'm using Windows 7, but I haven't upgraded to a newer version of Windows yet.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:49 AM
Isaacsracing
Racer

Torsion bars are gone. The car already had Bilstein Coilovers.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:35 AM
rap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is set up somewhat similar to Pablo’s as Pete from RS Barn did it. The aero on the belly is not the same nor is the front splitter. I am not in Pablo’s league as a driver. That’s were any similarities end!!
Old 01-27-2019, 10:43 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by Cloud9...68
I used to be able to load pics, but that ability disappeared a couple of months ago. The pics are on my computer's hard drive. I can post pictures on another forum I frequent, but no longer on Rennlist. No idea why - it just stopped working. Very frustrating. I posted on this earlier, and several people chimed in that it may have to do with the fact that I'm using Windows 7, but I haven't upgraded to a newer version of Windows yet.
LOL, nah, I'm running Linux OS.

Let's try one, go to a hosting site, make a bookmark for future posting. Here is the one I use - https://postimages.org/
At that link, resize to "17 inch monitor"
Click "choose image". You will have to know where file is on your drive, ex c:/Cloud968/pics/car pics/front race bumper
Double click the file you want to upload.
After you see the image duplicated, click it, it will open again. Right click the picture and select "copy image location"

Now, in the text window where you are already messaging here, where you want the picture to appear, type -
[IMG]right click and paste the copied image location[/IMG]
Whatever image you paste between the tags [IMG]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/IMG] will post as an image.
The hypertext basically means "open" and "closed".

Any image you see on the web is already hosted somewhere, so even if it's not on your drive, you can copy and paste it between the tags same as one you uploaded from your own files.

T

Old 01-27-2019, 10:51 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Torsion bars are gone. The car already had Bilstein Coilovers.
The yellow #111 968 I posted here a few times that's owned by a friend and RL'er and raced by my son Eon was racing in Vintage and it had the Bilsteins on it.
Fine for what you're doing with the car.
What were/are the spring rates going back on...?

T

Quick Reply: Putting a Race car back together