Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Anybody going to Amelia Island on Friday?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Anybody going to Amelia Island on Friday?

Porsche Werks is there. Never been there before but want to go curious of any 968 owners are just going there.

https://web.pca.org/email_template/pca_werks_reunion_2018Amelia.html
Old 03-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Nashvegas
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts

I am going to be there, albeit not with a 968 (86 944 Turbo). I was searching and found your post here, which is kind of funny. I am wondering... where on earth after driving 350 miles on Thursday night do I wash the car Thurs night / early early Friday morning. Hmmm..

Looks fun. Going solo, my mate backed out today
Old 03-06-2018, 08:18 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 612 Likes on 300 Posts

Driving up from Florida for Friday and Saturday Werks is a great event, enjoy
Rich
Old 03-06-2018, 11:02 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

You will have a great time. I was there last year. Great event. There should be some choice 968s there. Mel usually comes with his speed yellow cab. Joel will also be there with his riv blue cab which should be pretty sweet. And Cliff is going with his mint silver coupe. Family issues keep me from coming this year but my son Greg will be working the event at the Bonham's auction. Have fun and hopefully great weather for you.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:17 PM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Still waiting to firm up my truck and trailer parking but I will be there and as Jeff stated, hopefully with my Polar Silver coupe. Others have experienced transport issues and for that reason, we may not see all the 968s that we were hoping for
Old 03-07-2018, 08:38 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 612 Likes on 300 Posts

Chudson man you hit a nerve for me I plan to bring my SuperCup Car for display but my personal truck and trailer parking for Werks is not designed for non street legal cars, pay to park location means driving on public streets and although dropping off on A1A on Thursday afternoon might be ok loading up there on Friday or Saturday afternoon could be a disaster with all he traffic in that area. I have a shop I work with trailering car up to event for me they have a mule to tow it into place and multiple helpers to manage pickup we will see if this works
Rich
Old 03-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 81 Posts

PSA: see my post in the 928 forum re: schedule change for concours. Thx

Last edited by Norsk; 03-07-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:51 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Went there and glad I did. It was fun, was more like a very large PCA event. Ended up talking with about 5 or 6 people I had not met before plus I am happy that I ran into Mel with the speed yellow cab and then Cliff walked up, was fun talking to them both.

One of the best sayings of the day was from Cliff: "I won't lie to you, and I sure won't lie for you" is something to live by.

Here's a few pictures. Most of the cars present were out in the coral, it was cool walking through there.

Here's a guy's 944 turbo....was pretty cool with the paint job. Told him to replace the original fuel lines under the hood! So few transaxle cars there. My 87 turbo would of shown very nicely there.

959 tribute car:

I thought this car was Matador red....but then saw the plaque, I believe it was labeled as "can can red".

Love the plate

Got to love it!

Mel's car:

Cliff's car.....which is SUPER CLEAN, and I just love what he did with the brakes.....so cool. The interior of the car is grey and it looks new.

Cliff on the left, I'm on the right, you can see the yellow cab in the back, and a red cab tip on the right, there was one other 968 there.

170K mile midnight blue coupe, the guy who just bought it is 17, his first Porsche, love the Cup I wheels.

This car was labeled as a 2012 or something, I believe it was a recreation.

They wouldn't let this car into the "show" portion because they did not know if it was real or not....heard it start up later.....oh so cool.

This car reminds me of my high school years, loved it!

Everybody needs something like this in the back of their car.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:01 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

Nice Paul, thanks for posting. I hope to be there next year.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:47 AM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

A great time was had by all! It was good to see Mel again and to meet Paul and Jackson (owner of the midnight blue coupe). I also tracked down the owner of the red cab. He is a publisher and also writes for e-brake news.

Keep watching for a review that I will post about my Amelia weekend. I met some interesting people and had some very interesting 968 conversations. In short, the car drew people almost everywhere I went and I was twice asked if I would sell it. One of the interested parties is probably going to surprise everyone. I'll post as soon as I get time to do the posting with all the details and pics.

Cliff

Quick Reply: Anybody going to Amelia Island on Friday?