Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   968 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum-71/)
-   -   Record breaking 968 - Rejoice 968 owners / Values going up! (https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/1036972-record-breaking-968-rejoice-968-owners-values-going-up.html)

Tarek307 11-28-2017 05:07 PM

Record breaking 968 - Rejoice 968 owners / Values going up!

I just sold a very nice 1995 968 on BAT, the car was featured in an article on Road & Tracks website and is currently getting scanned to be featured in an upcoming video game (won't find out title till March) The bidding got very intense toward the end with final bid being $36,250 when you add BAT fees this tells me 968's in this condition are worth close to 40..there were several bidders too, this wasn't just one big bid made on the car. The buyer is no new comer to BAT and looks to have bought cars on there before- and just wired me a nice deposit.

I'm not posting this to "Brag" but to share with 968 owners that these cars are appreciating big time, (obviously ones in condition comparable to this one)- hope you are as happy as myself & the buyer are. I said this 968 should & will "break the internet" and it did ;)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6e05cf9476.png

jeff968 11-28-2017 06:29 PM

Congrats! and you are preaching to the choir :)

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...68-market.html

rggale 11-28-2017 07:21 PM

Buyer here. LOOONG time lurker, first time poster. Yeah, I paid out the proverbial arse on this one. I have a hunch that the 968 is just starting its upward momentum on the value curve. Air cooled 911s are Unobtanium for most collectors, and while I know this is a biased crowd, are they even that much better? This car will provide tons of smiles at a small fraction of the cost, is far more rare, and Tarek's particular example is in pristine condition with only the most tasteful mods. I've got my drill ready to open up that air breather, and I have a set of original cups that have been waiting for the right car...but these rep turbo twists are not too bad either. Finally, transaxle cars are a true auto enthusiast's holy grail. This car is not the fastest, the loudest, or sexiest, but as far as power and balance, they don't come much better than this. I have a knack for transaxle cars. My other favorite car in my garage is an Alfa Romeo Milano Verde, the poster child of the "I'm not sexy but driving me is a religious experience" cars.

Super excited about this one. Hopefully for me, and all of you, we'll see the values continue to rise.

Tarek307 11-28-2017 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by rggale (Post 14634324)
Buyer here. LOOONG time lurker, first time poster. Yeah, I paid out the proverbial arse on this one. I have a hunch that the 968 is just starting its upward momentum on the value curve. Air cooled 911s are Unobtanium for most collectors, and while I know this is a biased crowd, are they even that much better? This car will provide tons of smiles at a small fraction of the cost, is far more rare, and Tarek's particular example is in pristine condition with only the most tasteful mods. I've got my drill ready to open up that air breather, and I have a set of original cups that have been waiting for the right car...but these rep turbo twists are not too bad either. Finally, transaxle cars are a true auto enthusiast's holy grail. This car is not the fastest, the loudest, or sexiest, but as far as power and balance, they don't come much better than this. I have a knack for transaxle cars. My other favorite car in my garage is an Alfa Romeo Milano Verde, the poster child of the "I'm not sexy but driving me is a religious experience" cars.

Super excited about this one. Hopefully for me, and all of you, we'll see the values continue to rise.

Welcome to the forum Ross, best forum for 968 owners! I don't think you will be switching the wheels for cups..i thought the same thing when i saw the car online, but once i got it and saw it person, its looks just right like this.

jeff968 11-28-2017 09:03 PM

Congrats to you and welcome. Some of the best 968s in the country are in NJ not to mention Raj, arguably the most knowledgeable 968 guy in the US.

rggale 11-29-2017 12:39 AM

I知 looking forward to sharing the car with local enthusiasts at local Cars & Coffee. I live near Princeton so I tend to go to the one in Millstone NJ and also occasionally to one of my favorites, Red Bank C&C.

spark1 11-29-2017 01:09 AM

Congrats! Nicely done. I was watching the auction earlier and you were the crowd favorite.

Tarek307 11-29-2017 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by spark1 (Post 14635163)
Congrats! Nicely done. I was watching the auction earlier and you were the crowd favorite.

he was totally the crowd favorite I was even rooting for him- I kid u not at the last 3 seconds i was holding my breath hoping none of the other 3 that wanted bid..l wanted Ross to get it- knew he would be a gentleman to deal with too!

Originally Posted by rggale (Post 14635101)
I知 looking forward to sharing the car with local enthusiasts at local Cars & Coffee. I live near Princeton so I tend to go to the one in Millstone NJ and also occasionally to one of my favorites, Red Bank C&C.

this car used to be a crowd favorite at the famous irvine Cars & coffee, when I first put a pic of it on FB a guy recognized it rite away and sent me pics of it from a 2011 Cars & coffee event. That痴 where the previous owner bought it too!

Im glad this car is going to an Enthusiast in the USA & will continue its legacy.

LM964 11-29-2017 06:42 AM

...transaxle cars are a true auto enthusiast's holy grail. This car is not the fastest, the loudest, or sexiest, but as far as power and balance, they don't come much better than this. I have a knack for transaxle cars.

Totally agree. Fortunate enough to also have a 964 C4 (when they were cheap!) with many RS inclusions and geo set up. This handles and feels go kart like. But I can see that out of the box why the 968 was given the honour of 'best handling car' at the time - better than the production 911.

My 968 CS/S I totally love and don't see myself swapping it in for anything. Now re-geo'd with M030 Koni adjustables and sway bars, it's a perfect driving dream. Often asked which I prefer - 964 or 968 - both are very different driving experiences. However, the 968 just has that awesome feel and driving pleasure when full on, which for me gives it the edge.

Enjoy and use it loads Ross!

RajDatta 11-29-2017 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by rggale
Iツ知 looking forward to sharing the car with local enthusiasts at local Cars & Coffee. I live near Princeton so I tend to go to the one in Millstone NJ and also occasionally to one of my favorites, Red Bank C&C.

Looks like we are neighbors. I am in Princeton Junction. Congrats on the purchase. PM me for my contact details. Happy to help in any way. Look forward to seeing your car locally.

Paul Waterloo 11-29-2017 09:06 AM

Congrats Ross! We want to see some pictures in the hood when you get it!

rggale 11-29-2017 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by RajDatta (Post 14635468)
Looks like we are neighbors. I am in Princeton Junction. Congrats on the purchase. PM me for my contact details. Happy to help in any way. Look forward to seeing your car locally.

Small world. I work in PJ, right on Princeton Hightstown Rd. Live in Pennington. We値l have to get together once I get the car in my hands!

cant send you a PM yet probably because I知 still on probation but will do soon.

Tarek307 11-29-2017 10:45 PM

Guys, more exciting news about the car- it maybe on Petrolicious soon!! Just picked it up from the video game studio after they finished their 3D scan and had fun driving her home..Ross, how about I just take care of the car while you own it? It can be both our cars but I’ll keep it here in CA? Lol

Daniel S 11-30-2017 12:27 AM

I just want to add my congrats on the purchase. Tarek and I were trading text messages during the last few minutes while we watched the bids climb. I agree that everyone seemed to want you to win it. I do have to admit that I am a little bummed, Tarek and I were going to hit the crest out here one morning, but I have been stuck working the entire last month and could not get together to see it before it heads east.

And living near Raj will be like having a 968 encyclopedia within shouting distance and a great guy to boot!

It will definitely put a smile on your face every time you get behind the wheel even if it is only for a short run across town.

Are you going to ship it out there or drive it back? I know it is December and the weather is getting iffy for a drive, but I do not know how adventurous you are.

Daniel S 11-30-2017 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tarek307 (Post 14637693)
Guys, more exciting news about the car- it maybe on Petrolicious soon!! Just picked it up from the video game studio after they finished their 3D scan and had fun driving her home..Ross, how about I just take care of the car while you own it? It can be both our cars but I値l keep it here in CA? Lol

I do not think any of us are going to complain about the good press you have been generating about the 968! And to think, it is all because you put it up for sale on BAT.

As an aside, having someone film video of your car is an interesting experience...