Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Just got contacted by a Video Game Studio regarding my 968

Old 11-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Just got contacted by a Video Game Studio regarding my 968

Pretty interesting convo i just had, a major video game studio here in Los Angeles just contacted me, they saw my 968 on BAT - They need a 968 in near perfect shape to feature in their next title, they wouldn't tell me what the name of the game is but said "you will be very pleased, its a major title" they are going to 3D scan the car this week , they said will take about 2 days and it will be the same exact car as real as can be in the game...pretty exciting! i'll keep you guys updated
Old 11-21-2017, 06:12 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

What was the name of the company?
Old 11-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by touareg
What was the name of the company?
I'll disclose this info once all is done. They have a very nice website and references i can say that
Old 11-22-2017, 06:24 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Most excellent...
Old 11-22-2017, 10:13 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

Way to represent. Have fun with that.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:20 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Kool
Old 11-27-2017, 09:31 AM
grants_968
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Pretty interesting convo i just had, a major video game studio here in Los Angeles just contacted me, they saw my 968 on BAT - They need a 968 in near perfect shape to feature in their next title, they wouldn't tell me what the name of the game is but said "you will be very pleased, its a major title" they are going to 3D scan the car this week , they said will take about 2 days and it will be the same exact car as real as can be in the game...pretty exciting! i'll keep you guys updated
very cool indeed. I have “3D Scan Envy.” Congratulations.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Well your auction ended well for you. To me, I can't believe it went to that price. I don't want to post on BAT, I'm happy for the next owner.....but I just looked at a very similar car in Albuquerque and it had 49K miles and was $21K. It looks like it sold, he had it down to $20K a week or so ago. I posted many detailed pictures of it. Whoever bought your car not only has to pay the purchase price, but the premium (I think it's 5%) plus pay to have it shipped to NJ....that's going to be a very expensive 968. And unless you can do a detailed inspection yourself, it is my opinion that you really don't know what you are getting. Not saying your car isn't nice, but you really can't figure it out until you see it in person.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
Well your auction ended well for you. To me, I can't believe it went to that price. I don't want to post on BAT, I'm happy for the next owner.....but I just looked at a very similar car in Albuquerque and it had 49K miles and was $21K. It looks like it sold, he had it down to $20K a week or so ago. I posted many detailed pictures of it. Whoever bought your car not only has to pay the purchase price, but the premium (I think it's 5%) plus pay to have it shipped to NJ....that's going to be a very expensive 968. And unless you can do a detailed inspection yourself, it is my opinion that you really don't know what you are getting. Not saying your car isn't nice, but you really can't figure it out until you see it in person.
Paul i've seen the video of the car you saw in NM and it is NOTHING compared to this car- The seals around the car, the overall look of the car..the interior, exterior no comparison! Sorry you feel the buyer paid to much, but if you followed the auction you would see there were at least 4-5 buyers very serious about buying it...Not here to argue about the cars value, i'm happy, the buyer is stoked and the 968 is going to a good home!

Be happy if you own a 968 as this car just broke records and imo will help increase all 968's values...ones in similar condition
Old 11-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Like I said.....I think you sold it very well! I hope it is in concourse winning shape as-is for the price they paid.

Congrats!!!
Old 11-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
Like I said.....I think you sold it very well! I hope it is in concourse winning shape as-is for the price they paid.

Congrats!!!
"concourse winning" thats stretching it a bit- however i'd say its as close as you can get- every single scratch, bump, crack shown in detailed pictures on the auction and i even had notations with arrows pointing to any flaws. I think i've also built a reputation on presenting cars with full transparency & accuracy. You seem a little unhappy or doubtful of the result, not sure why! like i said i saw your video on that new mexico 968 before i even bought this one and thanked you for it in another post- there is no comparison between both cars other than they are both 968's. The comments from actual buyers & parties interested seem to all be positive on both ends...were you interested in buying? were you bidding? did you have any stock in the car? just wondering?

a little FYI for you, i had 2 offers from dealers in the high 20's before selling this car on BAT, first one i refused cuz i had just gotten the car, 2nd one took too long to deposit and i canceled deal after giving him an entire week extra (thank God)

Thanks and can we just put this to bed now.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

I had no interest in the car....love the 968's and see two widely varied sides of their values. I can't remember what you were asking for on craigslist, but I think $29K? I find it fascinating that this car goes for basically $40K with 65K miles or so and others can't seem to sell their cars (case in point the cab in NC now listed at $10K). It's just such a huge variance in price. In the end, BAT brought you an incredible price for this car, I am happy for you! You've got to make money in this world to stay alive. It seems for so long BAT pricing was so over inflated for the car that could be bought (all cars, not just a 968) because of its audience and how new it was......then in the past few months it has seemed to slow down.....but this one hit the waves just right!
Old 11-28-2017, 08:06 PM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

The video and the sales price on this car are great news for all of us. And I can also see Paul's side very clearly including the concourse quality comment. If it were just a video game or magazine article that spiked this car's price (I assume the buyer had no idea about the video game) then it does seem like the sales price might be an outlier. I also think the wheels and how they fit slightly more aggressive helped make that car so attractive.

This makes we wonder how many 968s that aren't special editions are out there in the condition of this car. It would really be funny if we suddenly see a couple of the top condition 968s suddenly on BAT..lol. For sure it enforces my plans to not drive and to try to fix all the flaws on my recently purchased 54k miles car.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

It seems that so many 968's have come out of the wood work in the past 3-4 months. It seems like all there were was red ones.....and now it seems that all the new ones are white (which I love). I just keep seeing low mileage examples everywhere. It seemed when I was searching for mine they all had 100K miles plus.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:58 PM
stefan320
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming out of the woodwork from NM , I bought the 968 here in Albuquerque (white '94 w/LSD, 6speed and 49k miles) that Paul is referring to. It's true that it is not as concourse as Tarek's '95 (Tarek - yours looks absolutely amazing!, even the mods are appealing, can't complain about a single one really). It's actually got me wanting to find a set of those same wheels, a TechArt front spoiler, etc. First I'll need to address the rear seat separation and the exterior weather trim. That being said, it is all original with no accidents or paintwork and only very minor flaws (no dings, no dash cracks, no seat tears, etc). What really sold me on my "new-to-me" 968 was the way it drove - I've driven others before (five, IIRC) and this one felt like a completely different model! Maybe it's the limited slip diff, or maybe the low mileage, but after driving this car, I was lovestruck and proceeded to hound the seller until we finally came to an agreement on what I believe was a fair price. I do consider myself lucky to have bought this one locally, as I believe it would've also commanded a premium if exposed to the national market. It's great to see these cars getting some recognition lately (the BaT auction in itself was entertaining!). After owning several 944s, a 944 Turbo S, a 996, and a 500hp e36 M3/4/5 turbo (still own), I really look forward to the driving and ownership experience that comes with a 968!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got contacted by a Video Game Studio regarding my 968