Just got contacted by a Video Game Studio regarding my 968 - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > 924/944/951/968 Model Specific Technical Forums > 968 Forum
Reload this Page > Just got contacted by a Video Game Studio regarding my 968
Notices

Just got contacted by a Video Game Studio regarding my 968

Old 11-29-2017, 02:51 AM
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stefan320 View Post
Coming out of the woodwork from NM , I bought the 968 here in Albuquerque (white '94 w/LSD, 6speed and 49k miles) that Paul is referring to. It's true that it is not as concourse as Tarek's '95 (Tarek - yours looks absolutely amazing!, even the mods are appealing, can't complain about a single one really). It's actually got me wanting to find a set of those same wheels, a TechArt front spoiler, etc. First I'll need to address the rear seat separation and the exterior weather trim. That being said, it is all original with no accidents or paintwork and only very minor flaws (no dings, no dash cracks, no seat tears, etc). What really sold me on my "new-to-me" 968 was the way it drove - I've driven others before (five, IIRC) and this one felt like a completely different model! Maybe it's the limited slip diff, or maybe the low mileage, but after driving this car, I was lovestruck and proceeded to hound the seller until we finally came to an agreement on what I believe was a fair price. I do consider myself lucky to have bought this one locally, as I believe it would've also commanded a premium if exposed to the national market. It's great to see these cars getting some recognition lately (the BaT auction in itself was entertaining!). After owning several 944s, a 944 Turbo S, a 996, and a 500hp e36 M3/4/5 turbo (still own), I really look forward to the driving and ownership experience that comes with a 968!
Stefan your car is amazing and low miles, you will love every second of owning it- it’s a nice clean driver overall but I’m sure you will even take it up a notch. The techart front splitter / spoiler from what I’ve heard is impossible to find and was a very limited production, if you can find one buy it immediately even if it’s big $$, it totally brings out the lines of the 968!-So funny how everyone likes the wheels now, when I first got the car a few “purists” were ripping on those wheels on the Fb 968 Enthusiast page.

after the sale of mine, consider a few K added to the entir 968 market boys! Lol
Old 11-29-2017, 03:08 AM
stefan320
User

Thanks Tarek! I agree - very solid driver, mechanically sound and unmolested, lots of potential. I plan on addressing some of the cosmetic issues that keep it from really shining, but I'll certainly enjoy driving it as I work on it ... I'm also a huge fan of 964's (targas especially) - one day I'll come looking for one of yours! Looking forward to seeing your upcoming cars. Congrats again on your sale - that is certainly great news for 968 owners!

On a side note - I'm jealous of your locations being split between Cali and Egypt! I'm 1/4 Egyptian and usually visit every couple of years but haven't had the chance to make it since ~ 2012 (since I finished grad school and started working in the real world, lol). Alexandria is beautiful - hope to be there again soon.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member

The scan is coming along..love seeing the techart front splitter-
Old 11-29-2017, 06:45 PM
sm
Super User

Awesome! Can the 3D scan be used to create real body parts for the car? Think composite lightweight parts.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got more info- the game is a racing game that has been around for a long time..that’s the most they will tell me. March is when they can reveal the name of the video game.

More news about this car is it maybe on Petrolicious !!!
Old 11-30-2017, 01:14 AM
Daniel S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool wire frame. Was that generated in real time? I wonder how long it takes to generate the wire frame from the scan. Ummmm, have CAD system, know how to surface, just need a good cloud of points and can generate new parts.....
Old 11-30-2017, 02:25 AM
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Daniel S View Post
Cool wire frame. Was that generated in real time? I wonder how long it takes to generate the wire frame from the scan. Ummmm, have CAD system, know how to surface, just need a good cloud of points and can generate new parts.....
Daniel they completed the entire project in a day and a half- they said they will send me some better pics soon
Old 02-14-2018, 10:34 PM
spark1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
Daniel they completed the entire project in a day and a half- they said they will send me some better pics soon
Did you ever get those pics? Can you tell us more about the company/game?
Old 02-15-2018, 02:04 AM
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spark1 View Post
Did you ever get those pics? Can you tell us more about the company/game?
They said March it should be released, only pic i got is the pic i posted above, they never sent more. Waiting anxiously till March to see what happens. The car did end up making it on Petrolicious already.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:30 PM
968ClubSport
User

Very interesting! Would love to be able to drive a 968 in a video game while the real car is put away for the winter.