968 Forum 1992-1995

Nice cab FS at nice price

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 10:20 PM
jblaw
Banned

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: 968

I would gladly beat carmax by $1k if you email the PPI and their offer (which is good for a week as I recall). Love the color combo.

Best,

Jeff (Jbeinhor AT hotmail DOT com)
Old 11-18-2017, 12:16 PM
shelby987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jblaw
I would gladly beat carmax by $1k if you email the PPI and their offer (which is good for a week as I recall). Love the color combo.

Best,

Carmax offered me $8k, I have a week, if anyone wants to buy it for $10k, that is the private listing price, non-negotiable, don't call me unless you have $9.5k cash in hand and are ready to leave a $500 non-refundable deposit via paypal while you arrange transport.

Not answering anymore questions, if it isn't answered here or in the ad, ask it when you come with cash in hand, no more pics, get your own carfax, no PPI at this price.

Buy it or don't, I don't care one way or another, but $1k difference isn't the two birds in the bush that will get me off the bird in the hand carmax offer.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:32 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Why don't you just put the car on BAT! i'm putting mine on BAT next week, if it sells great, will goto an enthusiast directly most likely, if it doesn't even better, i get to keep it with a guilt free feeling
Old 11-18-2017, 08:02 PM
shelby987
Intermediate

Best,

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Why don't you just put the car on BAT! i'm putting mine on BAT next week, if it sells great, will goto an enthusiast directly most likely, if it doesn't even better, i get to keep it with a guilt free feeling
BaT writes the ad, makes requests for hundreds of pictures, and puts my car infront of the same eyes that have viewed it and won it on ebay already. Anyone who is serious and ready to buy will find this car via craigslist or this forum. If you rolled the clock back 6 years and I found this car, I would jump in my truck, lay eyes on the car and drag it home on a uhaul happy I got a deal on a great 968 no one else was willing to step up to buy.

I have family in the hospital and I am tired of the deadbeats, I no longer have the time nor the patience. A buyer who puts actual skin in the game via. a deposit is the only one I am looking to hold on to the car for at this point. I have had (3) guys that live less then 50 miles away spend hours on the phone. In that time they could have driven here, a buyer who considers their time infinitely more important then mine isn't someone I can work with.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:24 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shelby987
BaT writes the ad, makes requests for hundreds of pictures, and puts my car infront of the same eyes that have viewed it and won it on ebay already. Anyone who is serious and ready to buy will find this car via craigslist or this forum. If you rolled the clock back 6 years and I found this car, I would jump in my truck, lay eyes on the car and drag it home on a uhaul happy I got a deal on a great 968 no one else was willing to step up to buy.

I have family in the hospital and I am tired of the deadbeats, I no longer have the time nor the patience. A buyer who puts actual skin in the game via. a deposit is the only one I am looking to hold on to the car for at this point. I have had (3) guys that live less then 50 miles away spend hours on the phone. In that time they could have driven here, a buyer who considers their time infinitely more important then mine isn't someone I can work with.
well lets see if Jbeinhonrn who said he will beat carmax by 1k puts his money where his mouth is lol
Old 11-19-2017, 08:41 PM
jblaw
Banned

I tried, but he refused to send me the PPI and I got an email instead telling me not to ask any questions or for any additional pictures of information. I bought another 968 yesterday. Gorgeous black car.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

I tried, but he refused to send me the PPI and I got an email instead telling me not to ask any questions or for any additional pictures of information. I bought another 968 yesterday. Gorgeous black car.
congrats, sounds like he wasn't really very interested in selling it and would rather take less money from carmax- lets see a pic of your new one!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:00 AM
jblaw
Banned

Will do!
Old 11-21-2017, 11:01 AM
shelby987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tarek307
congrats, sounds like he wasn't really very interested in selling it and would rather take less money from carmax- lets see a pic of your new one!
Thanks Tarek! Glad to see you can both sympathize and criticize in the same thread. It isn't that I prefer less money, it is that people have come out of the woodwork with big dreams of snapping the car up, but when reality hits that they have to crack open the wallet and maybe rent a trailer, or ask a friend to drive a vehicle home, the big dreams deflate and they never have the common courtesy to let me know (Paul, this excludes you, thanks for the reply email).

Currently dealing with a lot of family related medical issues, so to spend 2-3hrs on the phone per day, answering questions that are clearly answered in the ad or visually answerable via the photos supplied is not high on my priority list at the moment. If someone isn't willing to put a deposit on it then they aren't serious, with the safety of paypal today, this is not an unrealistic request, if someone isn't willing to do that, it is a very good indication they are at least shopping multiple cars (as is obviously the case here) and perhaps using mine as a backup (as a black coupe and a silver cab seem as far as you can get in the 968 shopping world). I am glad tge "perspective buyer" felt the need to chime in as if my honesty and basic request drove him sobbing to buy this other car to sooth his crushed dreams of 968 cab. ownership.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:28 PM
jblaw
Banned

You didn't crush my dreams of a 968 cab, lol. I would have purchased both the coupe and cab (I just came from having three identical M5s, I'm no stranger to owning multiples of the same car), but you emailed me in response to my post indicating that I should just take it or leave it and not ask any questions. For me, personally, it's not the best way to start a long distance transaction, so I just ignored the email and went on with my life. You're clearly frustrated with the selling experience and dealing with family issues -- I took no offense, just didn't feel comfortable going any further based on that email -- but I was happy to reply to Tarek's post indicating that I would have made good on my offer.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:44 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

I buy a fair number of Porsches, and I'm a self-identified bottom feeder. This sale sounds like the bottom-feeder deals I usually engage in, but the price is not representative of what I usually pay. My last 928 was $1300 for an 88 S4 complete car(needing some catch up of course). My last 996 was $16,000(kinda high for me, but very well optioned and nice driver), my last 968 was $1800, barely running. Currently buying a running 928 for $6500. Many people think that sellers set prices. They don't, buyers set prices. Drop the car and keys at Carmax and be done with it. Profit is not a four letter word.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:52 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shelby987
Thanks Tarek! Glad to see you can both sympathize and criticize in the same thread. It isn't that I prefer less money, it is that people have come out of the woodwork with big dreams of snapping the car up, but when reality hits that they have to crack open the wallet and maybe rent a trailer, or ask a friend to drive a vehicle home, the big dreams deflate and they never have the common courtesy to let me know (Paul, this excludes you, thanks for the reply email).
I SYMPATHIZE! ..The guy says he was ready to buy the car 1k over carmax, you shoulda tried him out, but telling him he can't ask questions and to just come get it if he wants it isn't a good sales tactic. You are frustrated i know, its a shame a car like this is going to carmax- Mine just hit BAT and is doing well on its first day & questions/comments constructive for the most part
Old 11-21-2017, 07:25 PM
jblaw
Banned

Heck -- if I get the documents I requested, I would still consider 1K over Carmax.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:03 PM
1999Aero911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

He explicitly stated his price. Its not 1k over carmax, it's 2k. Carmax offered 8k. The price is 10k for the car. Based on everything I see that price is a hell of a deal.

If I didn't have a 2012 Dodge Charger for sale currently, I would buy it myself and fly in and drive back to the midwest. But since I haven't sold my car, I am doing the right thing and NOT contacting him about it because at this point I would be a tire kicker.

Porsches bring a TON of Tire kickers, both externally via eBay / Craigslist AND more internally via forums like rennlist. I totally get where the seller is coming from since I have had the same thing happen to me when selling Porsches. Stop trying to beat a dead horse with this guy. He is just trying to sell his car and deserves some respect.

It's not like he showed up here and asked tons of 968 related questions and created multiple threads about specific 968s for sale to only buy a car and flip it on BAT a few months later for a profit after the members of this forum went out of their way to give information to the person.....
Old 11-22-2017, 02:17 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999Aero911
He explicitly stated his price. Its not 1k over carmax, it's 2k. Carmax offered 8k. The price is 10k for the car. Based on everything I see that price is a hell of a deal.

If I didn't have a 2012 Dodge Charger for sale currently, I would buy it myself and fly in and drive back to the midwest. But since I haven't sold my car, I am doing the right thing and NOT contacting him about it because at this point I would be a tire kicker.

Porsches bring a TON of Tire kickers, both externally via eBay / Craigslist AND more internally via forums like rennlist. I totally get where the seller is coming from since I have had the same thing happen to me when selling Porsches. Stop trying to beat a dead horse with this guy. He is just trying to sell his car and deserves some respect.

It's not like he showed up here and asked tons of 968 related questions and created multiple threads about specific 968s for sale to only buy a car and flip it on BAT a few months later for a profit after the members of this forum went out of their way to give information to the person.....

Quick Reply: Nice cab FS at nice price