964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Intercooler Gasket 965.504.211.02 Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 08:11 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by maverick
Steve not to be picky....but I see dust below the blow off valve just above the hose clamp.....could cost you a 1/2 point

On you initial post about the gasket, a few years back I found a used one on eBay....not perfect but better than mine and it came with the plastic tray.....can you share where you got the replacement bask it from and how much?

By the way I co/ran the Lone Star Region concourse for 13 yrs and so am also a Qtip addict
Not another. LOL

I personally wouldn't deduct more than .2 myself
Old 10-03-2017, 11:23 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

Right on Maverick - I am QUITE PROUD of the dust & dirt we collected over that long weekend of driving THE **** out of this car!! The entire thing is seriously dirty - STILL dirty to this day. believe it or not I have not yet washed it. My wife is wondering who the heck I am.
... so funny.
I definitely have my work cut out for me to prepare for the next Concours,... but lucky for me that is not till 2018. It will probably come with boredom over the winter.

So I bought the 965.504.211.02 intercooler gasket from my Porsche Dealership Parts Dept.

At the time it was $258 from the major online parts distributor that most of us use (& I was not even sure if they needed to order it from Germany or not), plus shipping. Now it has bumped up to $276.

My dealership sold it to me for $199 (plus 6% tax here in MD), and did NOT charge me shipping from Germany.

Over the decade+ that I've been using my dealership for parts purchase, I am amazed that they continue to beat online pricing from others. And I've bought thousands of $$ worth of parts.

They even beat the price of Amazon's Mobile 1 20w-50 V-Twin,... which is part of the reason I am currently running the Porsche Classic 10w-60. So far so good with that oil,... although I have not yet sent a used sample into Blackstone (which I plan to do on the next oil change). anyway,... I digress.

Hope that helps.
I'll wash it soon. ;-)
=Steve

Quick Reply: Intercooler Gasket 965.504.211.02 Install