Muffler delete for my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 07:33 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Muffler delete for my car

Hello Gents,

As you know I've got a car with a full B&B system and I would like to remove the muffler for a straight pipe.

What parts do I need, I am curious to what pipe that I have to get for the wastegate side and how do I fit the mufflers to both sides of the exhaust.

Could anyone explain to me what parts do I need, I would be highly appreciative.

Its a bit confusing and I am lost. I would also like to install the factory tips.

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Mohammed

Shot of my car underneath

Old 06-15-2013, 07:37 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Fabspeed snd BB both sell a muffler delete pipe.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:51 PM
ralt
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you could get a cat bypass pipe from Fabspeed and a J pipe to attach. Remove main muffler in right rear corner and take j Pipe out right rear. It will be a bit loud!!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:58 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ralt
I think you could get a cat bypass pipe from Fabspeed and a J pipe to attach. Remove main muffler in right rear corner and take j Pipe out right rear. It will be a bit loud!!
I dont have a main right rear muffler. What are my solutions, I hate how the chrome B&B muffler looks in the middle. I want the car louder, its my weekend toy.

What are my solutions and how can I fit the oem tips ?

How will the left side exhaust tip fit ? Zork tube ?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Are you still running the stock wastegate pipe?
If you really want to eliminate the muffler, use a cat delete pipe and an U bend stock muffler delete pipe. This will allow you to use the stock tip. Fabspeed sells them as a package and also sells a wastegate pipe to eliminate the factory mini cat.
A word of warning; your car will be so loud the sound-generated vibration will "light off" every loose part in the car as well as your speakers and generate some really unpleasant noise.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:47 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Are you still running the stock wastegate pipe?
If you really want to eliminate the muffler, use a cat delete pipe and an U bend stock muffler delete pipe. This will allow you to use the stock tip. Fabspeed sells them as a package and also sells a wastegate pipe to eliminate the factory mini cat.
A word of warning; your car will be so loud the sound-generated vibration will "light off" every loose part in the car as well as your speakers and generate some really unpleasant noise.
Really if thats the case I need to start re thinking, the sound similar to the vibrations of subwoofer ?
Old 06-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Really if thats the case I need to start re thinking, the sound similar to the vibrations of subwoofer ?
More like, in my car, a high pitched squeal that bores deep into my brain and attempts to drive me insane 9or more insane than I really am).
Old 06-16-2013, 04:43 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
More like, in my car, a high pitched squeal that bores deep into my brain and attempts to drive me insane 9or more insane than I really am).
Then i rather stick to "if it aint broken dont change it"
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM
rstarga
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

That is not true, I run a straight tube with no cat into a jtube to the stock tip. The wastegate cat is not worth replacing. Inside the car it is as quiet as ever. Outside it sounds like an inbboard motor boat at idle. At speed from outside it is quieter than my 2.7 with factory muffler.
The Turbo acts almost like a muffler.
Go for it, less weight at back, and way reduced back pressure. Maybe worth 10 H.P.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:05 PM
H2O LOL
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a rarelyl8 muffler and a dump. It sounds like Paul's description. I can't even hear the stereo and I hope some tips helps it out seeing as I managed a 100db own the meter at the track. 101 and I would have been disqualified.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:22 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rstarga
That is not true, I run a straight tube with no cat into a jtube to the stock tip. The wastegate cat is not worth replacing. Inside the car it is as quiet as ever. Outside it sounds like an inbboard motor boat at idle. At speed from outside it is quieter than my 2.7 with factory muffler.
The Turbo acts almost like a muffler.
Go for it, less weight at back, and way reduced back pressure. Maybe worth 10 H.P.
In currently not at home and in Europe for a vacation, did the picture I post clear and does it show the wastegate properly.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:43 PM
rstarga
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Maybe it's the headers causing the extra noise. I run the stock heat exchangers and the same BB muffler as Mean Machine but empty of any baffles. Very nice burble at idle and from inside no noise at speed. Stock exhaust on wastegate with cat. Not much restriction from the wastegate exhuast after all it only dumps a little as I run a 1 bar spring.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:20 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Not sure how your car can be quiet without the muffler. I tried a swans neck and 100 cell cat with no muffler and you could hear me coming from 3 miles away and way too loud for most people. Makes for agreat track setup though but I could not drive the car daily with this setup and I can only imagine how much louder it would be without the cat. BTW I have B&B headers also.

I added baffles to the swans neck and it was still too loud so I finally settled on a magnaflow muffler and the WG dump pipe. Nice sound with subtle but enjoyable burble on lift off or cruising off the accelerator. The dump pipe is a nice touch adds a bit of fighter jet sound when the WG opens so if you don't want to draw attention to yourself just stay off full boost until the coast is clear.

If someone in the US is looking for a cat and swans neck I still have mine for sale. This is a Dansk 100 Cell cat and custom made swans neck will bolt up to a B&B and stock tip.
Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rstarga
Maybe it's the headers causing the extra noise. I run the stock heat exchangers and the same BB muffler as Mean Machine but empty of any baffles. Very nice burble at idle and from inside no noise at speed. Stock exhaust on wastegate with cat. Not much restriction from the wastegate exhuast after all it only dumps a little as I run a 1 bar spring.
Yes, all that backpressure from the stock exhaust allows you to run the cat bypass and u pipe and it isn't very loud. I had that setup before I went to headers.
Meanie's got headers so his car will be louder than Anthony's was.

Quick Reply: Muffler delete for my car