964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

1994 911 turbo 3.6S model#964770

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:19 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by speednme
Truth is with such a low production of cars it is hard to narrow down a price. Only collectors and sellers know what the true value is at the time of sale. Basically it depends on how bad the seller wants to sell or the buyer wants the car. Prices are through the roof at the moment but that is not to say that this time next year that would be the case.

Also IMO there is a distinction between original, modify and heavily modify.
Original: as it left the factory..no parts added or taken away. Except maintenance items.
Modify(or non original): factory parts added or taken away(ahem! injection pump) simple bolt ons.
Heavily modify: color change, body changes, engine internals enlarged, factory interior removed and replaced with AFTERMARKET seats, instruments, carpet etc..etc....in other words anything that would cost a fortune to even consider brining it back to Original
I agree but I think the Premier cobalt blue 3.6 showed us that heavily modified doesn't make much difference. I would place mine as modified and that as heavily modified due to the interior changes which cannot be returned to original without great expense and alteration, although I don't know why anyone would want to, it is far nicer now.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tasracer
Was that the one I told u about?

Me thinks this car would go at the 275k level

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Thank you these messages are wonderful, most helpful to me ... but now I am a little apprehensive about driving the car! I was going to have her checked over, get her up to speed maintenance wise, insured properly, detailed, and start driving her again. I did have a full service before she was put on the jacks. But I will not get her started up with out the Porsche dealer involved. Once detailed and all the advice put into practice I could post some really nice pictures.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wildcat077
Since you're in the process of learning internet "slang" i would suggest that your car is in need of
an Italian tune up

Just sayin ... lol

Cheers
Phil
yes I get it, once I get sorted out, come on over and take a spin.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:27 PM
keynes
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The bay is lucky you found him. The car on the other hand.. is lucky for you. If you need advice, this is the place to get the best. I don't see getting better information about your car other than here.

Keynes
Old 02-14-2014, 10:41 PM
fat cab
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this car in St Louis, Mo? My neighbor in Ladue had 3 or 4 of them at one point, there all gone now.. If you need some help or wana go on a drive hit me up, would love to see it.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by keynes
The bay is lucky you found him. The car on the other hand.. is lucky for you. If you need advice, this is the place to get the best. I don't see getting better information about your car other than here.

Keynes
Thank you Keynes my Porsche is why i joined Rennlist. However, regarding luck, I have always always considered pure unadulterated luck as winning the lotto or power-ball. I do have a fun purchase story and there is definitely some amount of luck involved - a big plus was being in Texas, in the right place at the right time. However, I am not interested in giving out too much info. here, especially after the last wild comments on a posted thread! I am also pretty confident that no one is interested in the purchase details either.
The bay is a Friesian, a breed that is generally all black. The photograph taken in the woods is most likely misleading as to his color.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fat cab
Is this car in St Louis, Mo? My neighbor in Ladue had 3 or 4 of them at one point, there all gone now.. If you need some help or wana go on a drive hit me up, would love to see it.
Yes I know Ladue, a neighbor of yours owned three or four package cars, most impressive. I understand there is a lot of old money in Ladue. My GF from Chicago lives there in a wonderful house, it is tucked away in a special little hidden area, but when the ice and snow arrive she is gutted. A couple of years ago all her beautiful trees broke at the top of the trunks due to the heavy ice. PM me and you are more than welcome to come over and take a look and drive my baby when she is up and running.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:05 AM
fat cab
Pro

I'll be in touch, here's some of the cars my neighbor had
Attached Images   
Old 02-15-2014, 10:06 AM
fat cab
Pro

one more
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fat cab
I'll be in touch, here's some of the cars my neighbor had
Your neighbor had a fire and fair number of his cars burnt. Fortunately the two Flatnose cars were long gone before the fire. The red one is in Kuwait and the Pearl White Metallic one is in the Ukraine. He never owned a Package car.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:42 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen the red one in Kuwait, really clean car and its now owned by a collector here which hardly sees the sunlight.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:45 PM
fat cab
Pro

Originally Posted by Flachbau
Your neighbor had a fire and fair number of his cars burnt. Fortunately the two Flatnose cars were long gone before the fire. The red one is in Kuwait and the Pearl White Metallic one is in the Ukraine. He never owned a Package car.
yup that was a sad day, Another reason NOT to own a Ferrari..
Old 02-15-2014, 06:51 PM
fat cab
Pro

actually all the Porsche's in the pix were long gone before fire, these cars,not so lucky.. not in pix, Lambo, Ferrari575m, Porsche 997turbo,911 turbo and a couple others..
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2014, 10:59 PM
e6tme
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Monica10
Thank you these messages are wonderful, most helpful to me ... but now I am a little apprehensive about driving the car! I was going to have her checked over, get her up to speed maintenance wise, insured properly, detailed, and start driving her again. I did have a full service before she was put on the jacks. But I will not get her started up with out the Porsche dealer involved. Once detailed and all the advice put into practice I could post some really nice pictures.
Get her back up and running, obtain a market correct appraisal, insure appropriately, and enjoy! I've spent some time racing through the woods of the Ozarks, you have some fantastic driving roads down there. It would be a shame not to!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:14 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
What a shame!! I remember when Steve here locally had the White one along with several others all in bubbles. It was a shame about the fire, was a beautiful garage filled with beautiful cars.

Quick Reply: 1994 911 turbo 3.6S model#964770