victory motors

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by ADRNLN
Yes, that *would* be interesting to hear... But in fairness to the mechanic, he'd be stuck between a rock and a hard place: it'd be a bit of a job risk, I think, although he'd certainly keep his integrity. Too much snooping around or inquisition could land him in the bread line. It's easier to just shut up and keep fixing cars, but if anyone knows the real story, it'd likely be him.
I ran across my friend the other day and asked him about the 91 turbo cab. He told me the certificate of authenticity was bad. They checked with Porsche in Germany and found out that the car was a 1 off factory conversion done at Porsche for a Saudi gentleman. The car was later sold and imported to the US to someone in Ohio. My friend said in going thru the car (he assumed at the time it was an aftermarket conversion) that he was amazed at the meticulous level of attention that was done in the conversion, that all the parts were factory and done as he would have wanted done as a perfectionist. Only later when they got confirmation from Porsche about the factory conversion part did it make sense. The car ended up selling to a collector in Taiwan.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:16 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
I ran across my friend the other day and asked him about the 91 turbo cab. He told me the certificate of authenticity was bad. They checked with Porsche in Germany and found out that the car was a 1 off factory conversion done at Porsche for a Saudi gentleman. The car was later sold and imported to the US to someone in Ohio. My friend said in going thru the car (he assumed at the time it was an aftermarket conversion) that he was amazed at the meticulous level of attention that was done in the conversion, that all the parts were factory and done as he would have wanted done as a perfectionist. Only later when they got confirmation from Porsche about the factory conversion part did it make sense. The car ended up selling to a collector in Taiwan.
That's pretty interesting. It shows that there are a lot of stories out there with regard to factory cars. Of course, I'm such a skeptic, I would have to hear this directly from Porsche to truly believe it.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
That's pretty interesting. It shows that there are a lot of stories out there with regard to factory cars. Of course, I'm such a skeptic, I would have to hear this directly from Porsche to truly believe it.

+1 on that statement.

No offense to your friend at all but I would l have to hear it straight from Porsche given the track record over at Victory for lies on top of lies on top of lies.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'Hear it" in writing of course!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I'd have to see it straight from Porsche.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Gandara
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
'Hear it" in writing of course!

Wise words.

Quick Reply: victory motors