victory motors - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

victory motors

Old 12-26-2007, 03:02 PM
biglicks
User

Originally Posted by Gandara View Post
I don't want previously owned/wrecked cars which were repaired (T_T) and not reported to carfax or to the possible buyer (>_<)
when will we see pictures of your current ride. you know it's a requirement for newbies??

Steve
PS Call me merry, was begining to think you work for a car sales company!! soz xmas cheer strikes again!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Gandara
User

Originally Posted by biglicks View Post
when will we see pictures of your current ride. you know it's a requirement for newbies??

Steve
PS Call me merry, was begining to think you work for a car sales company!! soz xmas cheer strikes again!

I don't have a ride...
and I am newbie and not only in posts to this forum but to porsche cars as well thats why I need help!

I am in the process of finding a good 964 or 930 and hopefully this forum with its generous peeps can help me out or else

I need someone to hold my hand (^_^) don't want to make mistakes.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
last toy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Gandara

I would strongly suggest you get a 95 or 96 993 as your first 911 unless you enjoy DIY work on your car. The 993 is everything you get with a 964 but more refined, little more softer ride and somewhat user frinedly and I love the wider stance. However, the 964 is fairly easy to work on especially with all the advice you get from this forum. Some guys here have rebuilt these cars from the ground up. I hardly did anything on my 993 when I had it and enjoyed just driving it. My 964 is a hobby and I also have enjoyed it just as much if not more. For a car that is exceptionally designed it is also exceptionally easy to work on short of doing a top end engine job. My next Porsche will be a 993 turbo for sure and that will be my last toy. If you want a 964, buy one form a rennlist member. You can't go wrong. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Gandara
User

Originally Posted by last toy View Post
Gandara

I would strongly suggest you get a 95 or 96 993 as your first 911 unless you enjoy DIY work on your car. The 993 is everything you get with a 964 but more refined, little more softer ride and somewhat user frinedly and I love the wider stance. However, the 964 is fairly easy to work on especially with all the advice you get from this forum. Some guys here have rebuilt these cars from the ground up. I hardly did anything on my 993 when I had it and enjoyed just driving it. My 964 is a hobby and I also have enjoyed it just as much if not more. For a car that is exceptionally designed it is also exceptionally easy to work on short of doing a top end engine job. My next Porsche will be a 993 turbo for sure and that will be my last toy. If you want a 964, buy one form a rennlist member. You can't go wrong. Good luck.
I've never investigated in a 993 but I don't like their style of looks when compared to a 964 aside from that fact that I THINK they are too expensive for me. I'm a poor boy and I barely make 16k after taxes a year, no joke... I wouldn't mind working on a 964 I think that would be great and although I'm inexperienced I think with proper guidance and a manual I shouldn't have to much trouble and if anything instead of trouble it would be fun. I think with time I could buy parts if needed and I wouldn't be driving it everyday because of insurance expenses so I will wait till I fully pay the car to get full insurance and enjoy it as my daily driver. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think I've waited long enough(4 yrs) to finally sit down and try to buy a 964
Old 12-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Streetfighter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just my two cents, but 16k is going to be tough living with a Porsche. If I were you I would wait till you make double that and then some, to fully enjoy a nice 911. Assuming you could afford a high mileage one, the repairs in one year could take a huge chunk of that salary. Patience is the key, I know, I to am still waiting.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Gandara
User

Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
Just my two cents, but 16k is going to be tough living with a Porsche. If I were you I would wait till you make double that and then some, to fully enjoy a nice 911. Assuming you could afford a high mileage one, the repairs in one year could take a huge chunk of that salary. Patience is the key, I know, I to am still waiting.

I already have the financing to buy a 964 and I have enough cash saved up to fix any issues that may be existent which is another reason I want a sound reliable car for the moment. I think I have it planned out well. I just need the car first, for all I know it can sit for a while, I still live with my parents so thats a blessing there. I know I need full insurance to buy the car but that wont last long, its just to get a hold of the car and get everything sound and ready to drive it. If I do buy a 964 its something I plan on keeping for a very very long time and if I decide to sell it I know I can sell it at a decent price with out cutting much losses if any.... sorry for my venting/ranting.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM
last toy
Addict
Rennlist Member

You can probably find a non-turbo 964 in the teens with high miles. But don't get too worried about higher miles. If a real Porsche lover had it, the car will be fine. German engines were made to get better with miles. However, it will be the other components like blowers and AC compressors and electrical components as well as suspension that will drain your account a bit. If you have some mechanical ability and patience, you can save a lot on labor about ( $90/hour) and stay away from a dealership if you really need help. They will cost you a fortune. Also, look at 1991 964's or later. There is some risk with the 1990's with cylinder head oil leaks. very costly to fix if it has not been fixed by previous owner. If you find a real nice 1990 that you can afford with over 50k miles and no major leaks, the chances are the heads are fine. Good luck
Old 12-27-2007, 12:33 PM
38D
Super User

Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
Just my two cents, but 16k is going to be tough living with a Porsche.
At 16k it is going to be a bad decision to own any car.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Trader220
Addict
Rennlist Member

Diablos?
Old 12-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Gandara
User

Originally Posted by last toy View Post
You can probably find a non-turbo 964 in the teens with high miles. But don't get too worried about higher miles. If a real Porsche lover had it, the car will be fine. German engines were made to get better with miles. However, it will be the other components like blowers and AC compressors and electrical components as well as suspension that will drain your account a bit. If you have some mechanical ability and patience, you can save a lot on labor about ( $90/hour) and stay away from a dealership if you really need help. They will cost you a fortune. Also, look at 1991 964's or later. There is some risk with the 1990's with cylinder head oil leaks. very costly to fix if it has not been fixed by previous owner. If you find a real nice 1990 that you can afford with over 50k miles and no major leaks, the chances are the heads are fine. Good luck

Yes I'm not looking for a collectible 964 turbo with 33k miles or anything. Just looking to get a sound used Porsche and I wouldn't mind it with plenty of miles. Thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 02:05 PM
dholling13
Addict
Rennlist Member

A 964 turbo or any P-car might be a bad idea, because I probably spent that number mentioned above on my car last year with mods and track time...
Old 12-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Trader220
Addict
Rennlist Member

On the 911 turbo board he is looking for a nice 965. His crossed up his BS and its getting old
Old 12-27-2007, 02:24 PM
dholling13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah,

Kind of reminds me of the guy who had a WRX and wanted to get an older turbo; lots of talk... Oh well; it just shows our graciousness and how we aren't prejudiced towards any newbies or potential buyers.

Back to the garage; it's JIC install time!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Gandara
User

I'm confused these last posts, I don't understand any of it.

Aside from that a rennlist member contacted me about selling his so thats a good sign of a Porsche from a rennlist member.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Gandara
User

Originally Posted by biglicks View Post

Steve
I used to own a 2002 tacoma but I recently sold that several months ago and I am currently driving a recently purchased 1980 vw 1.5(i think 1.5) diesel rabbit. Doesn't count as a Porsche but almost (^_^)

I essentially have been planning for a Porsche for almost 4 years, and now that I made that big step in selling my daily driver for this I can sequentially seriously try to find a turbo model Porsche.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: