964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Cleanest 3.6 Turbo on the planet?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
JRRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
That is a surprise to me. The car does not show to have a leather interior other than the stock seats.

If the dash and other components were leather there would be obvious stitching along the edges.

Supple leather or draped leather is a softer leather that is more loosely fitted. The seats in the picture show to be the factory standard leather. This is obvious by the small holes on the seat surface. The supple or soft leather does not have these holes. Here is the picture of the car in the ad and a picture of my seats. You can see the difference.

If the original window sticker says this then there is a discrepancy somewhere. Either the interior has been changed or the sticker is either not for this car or a fake. IMO
I did notice that the dash in the picture was leather. I have the same seats in my 94 that Anthony has pictured, i.e. the "supple leather seats." It's very clear that the seats shown in the "Perfect" car are not supple leather. Maybe they are not the original seats?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:28 PM
dm 3.6 turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 3.6 turbo seats

the seats are original if it was supple it would say raf leather under the option codes and it doesnt therefore it is the standard 94 3.6 seats i also have seen 3.6 turbos without supple leather or without sport seats before.as for the rubber ring no clue ...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:33 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by dm 3.6 turbo
the seats are original if it was supple it would say raf leather under the option codes and it doesnt therefore it is the standard 94 3.6 seats i also have seen 3.6 turbos without supple leather or without sport seats before.as for the rubber ring no clue ...
I think you missed the point. According to DougM92

Originally Posted by DougM92
The window sticker on this cars shows a $3,569 charge for all leather seats.

The picture shows the standard factory seats that come with the car. Leather seats are standard equipment. What would the $3569.00 charge be for? If you look closely you can see stitching on the dash which would make it leather but all the other interior panels do not appear to be leather. I don't think supple leather was more than a $300 or $400 additional charge, I would need to check my window sticker to make sure. So if the original owner paid up for leather and it shows on the window sticker, where does this charge apply? Where these the original seats to the car or where the original seats damaged and replaced with these? At $91k I would want to know for sure.

Anyway, welcome to the 964 turbo forum. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself and your car? Pictures are always welcome.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
turbo3.6
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anthony,

You are right, my car has full supple leather but they are separate options, full leather was $3,569 while the supple option was only $382. The pictures appear to show stitching on the dash but the door panel resolution is not good enough to see if there is stitching on the pocket lid or the grab handle. Either way, $91K is way high. Back in 2004 when I bought mine, there was a Guards red/Cashmere turbo 3.6 in Destin, FL that had only 5,300 miles on it. The guy knew what he had and he wanted $75K. The FL car was better in every way than this one. At the time, $75K was out of my range but I did fine with the one I ended up with.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:16 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by turbo3.6
Anthony,

You are right, my car has full supple leather but they are separate options, full leather was $3,569 while the supple option was only $382. The pictures appear to show stitching on the dash but the door panel resolution is not good enough to see if there is stitching on the pocket lid or the grab handle. Either way, $91K is way high. Back in 2004 when I bought mine, there was a Guards red/Cashmere turbo 3.6 in Destin, FL that had only 5,300 miles on it. The guy knew what he had and he wanted $75K. The FL car was better in every way than this one. At the time, $75K was out of my range but I did fine with the one I ended up with.
Turbo 3.6,

Is your car Black or Midnight Blue? It appears you have cashmere interior.

I was under the impression the door handles and pocket lids came standard in leather on the turbos. I believe the full leather option gave you special Porsche crest surrounds around the tweeters on the doors. There is also no sign of leather stitching on the center consol which would part of the full leather package.

I agree, nice car but not even Ray Joseph would be asking $91k for this car. I hope for all our sakes he gets close to it but I passed on a nice Flachbau for $89K Now we see what they are going for, so who knows?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:17 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I just realized we have 2 new 3.6 owners. Welcome, and we hope to see and hear more about your wonderful cars.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:37 PM
turbo3.6
Instructor

Anthony,

My car is Midnight Blue with cashmere interior. So far, I've had the stock suspension lowered to Euro spec with some negative camber added and a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cups.

I have the full leather option but no Porsche crests on the tweeter surrounds. That might be another option.

You're right, a Flachbau for $89K would be a steal now!! Check out Sloancars.com - he has a black one listed for $149K!!! I'm not familiar with Ray Joseph, is he like Sloan - rare and low milage Porsches for premium prices?

This is off the subject, but for all Detroit area members, Waterford Hills is having their final open track day of the year this Sunday. Hope to see you there...

Greg
Old 09-28-2006, 05:01 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Anthony,

My car is Midnight Blue with cashmere interior. So far, I've had the stock suspension lowered to Euro spec with some negative camber added and a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cups.
Very nice color combo. I know many people looking for that exact combo. Only know of 2 or 3 in existence. How do you like the MPSC's for street use. I am using the PS2's because I found the MPSC's to be not so great in the rain and took a long time to warm up. The PS2's are great in most every condition but not as good of a track tire.

You're right, a Flachbau for $89K would be a steal now!! Check out Sloancars.com - he has a black one listed for $149K!!! I'm not familiar with Ray Joseph, is he like Sloan - rare and low milage Porsches for premium prices?
Greg
Believe you me, I am kicking myself for not grabbing it when I had the chance.

Ray Joseph is from http://www.rpmsportscars.com He deals in high end cars like Richard Sloan but not at all the same. Ray has a great reputation and you can be guaranteed his cars are as advertised.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:52 PM
turbo3.6
Instructor

Thanks, I have yet to come across another in this color combo myself.

I just put the MPSC's on recently as an experiment. I don't drive the car much, this summer its been mostly back and forth to track events, so I thought I'd give them a try. I can say they are much more quiet than the old S-02's and the soft compound seems to ride smoothly. As I'm sure you know, they rock on the track. Ideally, I'd like to get a second set of wheels for the MPSC's and run PS2's or Sport Ribs on the Speedlines.

What do you use for restraint? I'm looking for a used Brey-Krause R1025 harness truss. I'm trying to avoid spending the money on a new seat and thought this might be the way to go. What do you think?

Greg
Old 09-29-2006, 10:56 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I just put the MPSC's on recently as an experiment. I don't drive the car much, this summer its been mostly back and forth to track events, so I thought I'd give them a try. I can say they are much more quiet than the old S-02's and the soft compound seems to ride smoothly. As I'm sure you know, they rock on the track. Ideally, I'd like to get a second set of wheels for the MPSC's and run PS2's or Sport Ribs on the Speedlines.

What do you use for restraint? I'm looking for a used Brey-Krause R1025 harness truss. I'm trying to avoid spending the money on a new seat and thought this might be the way to go. What do you think?

Greg
Greg,

The Midnight blue is one of my top two favorite colors.. Frank993 has one with the cashmere and rear seat delete. I love the way these cars change color in the sunlight. It is a very rare color combo. I know of a couple Midnight blue cars with light grey interior and although they are nice I think the Cashmere is much better.

I would stay away from The Sport Ribs. These are nothing more than the old MXX3's with a slightly different compound. I had them on my GTS and I could not stand them. I used to leave 2, 30 ft long marks on the dry pavement with the GTS trying to get them to hook up, the PS2's stick like glue in both wet and dry. I had the S02's on my turbo and they were so loud it got to be annoying. I also had them chunk on me down to the belts. S02 is a good tire but the PS2 is that much better. No more wheel hop when I was a little too hard on the gas. You can break the PS2's loose but they give a smooth spin and then lock up. A much more comfortable controllable feeling then what I had with the S02's. I had a set of MPSC's on a set of hollow spoke turbo twists and they are a great track tire but take a bit long to heat up for the street. So I am sticking with the PS2's for now on the speedlines and the MPSC's on the turbo twists. You will find the car is much more responsive with the lighter wheels. The speedlines are great for the street but not worth destroying on the track.

The Brey Kraus bar is widely used. Although check with your local rules as many things are changing regarding restraints. I purchased a set of Sparco Milano Prestige seats in full black leather for my car. They should have been here 3 weeks ago but it will be another 2 weeks before I receive them, so I am told. I need a seat that can be adjusted and the price was right. This is mostly a street car for me now. I purchased a 944S2 for my wife and I to beat up on. She is going to start DE next season and I don't want her nor does she want to drive the turbo so we are going to use that for a season or two.

The S2 is actually a blast to drive but very slow compared to the turbo. I have to rethink how I drive because the 944 does not handle the way a 911 does, very forgiving though.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 494 Posts

Greg
Turbo3.6, here's another one that seems to be a twin to your car. As Anthony points out, I have the rear seat delete, otherwise, our cars seem to be identical. Welcome to the club. When I looked for my car, I discovered there there were only about 10 midnight blue cars produced, which is the color I really wanted. I think there are only 2 Flachbau cars in this color and I know of 3 people that would buy them if they became available.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:38 AM
turbo3.6
Instructor

Frank,

Beautiful car!! Looks like you have contrasting piping on your seats - very nice. I didn't realize the color was that rare. I also have a '01 Audi S4 as my daily driver - our garages are oddly similar eh?!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:09 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Car looks great Frank. Hope all is well.

Quick Reply: Cleanest 3.6 Turbo on the planet?!?