964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Wierd electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Ian964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd electrical problem

My 964T is slowly losing electric power if I don't use it for 5-6 days. It's like there is some sort of extremly small draw on the battery all the time. If I just go and start it up and let it run for a few minutes it charges the battery right back up. Any idea how I might go about trying to figure this out?

Thanks

Ian
Old 06-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hook up a multimeter to the battery to get some idea of the size of the leakage. Check your hood lights are turning off when they are closed against multimeter reading or other ways to do this easily in the engine bay is just by looking at night and under the bonnet by placing an ice cube over the light when hood is closed and another on the opposite side and seeing if one side (light side) melts faster. There are many threads on battery drain like the CC unit fan not stopping also, do a quick search and you will find more.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

I had the same problem and it was the hood light. I did not think of the ice cube trick. I thought of folding my wife up and having her stay in there for little while. Instead I just un-hooked the light and the problem went away. So I replaced the switch.

Craig

Quick Reply: Wierd electrical problem