Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

So I put my springs on yesterday and the air box whas my biggest challenge

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 01:15 PM
krichard
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I put my springs on yesterday and the air box whas my biggest challenge

Is there a proper way to get that thing out? I had to do some serious pulling on the AC lines and lots of jerking around to get the damn thing out. What a pain. I spent at least an hour getting it out then back in. The intercooler was a breeze compaired to the airbox. I also o noticed that changing the air filter seems impossible in the car. Is there a trick to it?

I'll post after pics of the car later today. The 4x4 look is gone.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

It's hard the first time.
You are supposed to remove the top of the AC compressor (not the whole thing) with the lines still in it, but perhaps you did just that ? You will be removing the intercooler and airbox many times in the future, next time will be much faster.

I agree about the air filter, could be tricky, K&N filters last for a long time :-)
Old 04-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Stephen Grellet
Intermediate

Default Airbox

I agree, they are difficult compared to "normal cars". You can undo the air conditioning pump and then swing it away to one side and rest it on the rear panel (covered in a cloth to prevent scratching) and this allows the air cleaner to be removed. I am just going through the process of changing the plugs and resetting the tappets. I am not sure whether I have removed more than necessary off the top of the engine, or whether I could have done the lot from underneath the car.At least I think it will be easier to put back together again, particularly the exhaust system.

Quick Reply: So I put my springs on yesterday and the air box whas my biggest challenge