Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-turbo-forum-79/)
-   -   Ruf RCT Evo Conversion Cost? (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-turbo-forum/160264-ruf-rct-evo-conversion-cost.html)

Earlierapex 09-22-2004 12:22 PM

Ruf RCT Evo Conversion Cost?

Anybody know the cost to convert a 964 n/a to Ruf RCT Evo (if you've got a breakdown of engine, suspension, brakes, wheels, interior - that would be great). Thank you very much.

-dc

Adrian 09-22-2004 01:30 PM

Dear DC,
What is the model year of your 964?
Pre model year 1991 is more expensive by nearly 2000 Euros.
Version either Carrera 2 or 4 influences the price with an additional 1100 Euros for the C4 transmisison over the C2 transmission.
The interior costs are not part of the RCT Evo breakdown but I have the rest.
I need your model year and model.
As a rough estimate though you are not going to get much change out of 40,000 Euros.
RUF do not undertake these conversions in the USA either due to the extensive disassembly that is required. There is a little note on the papers I have to this affect.
Alois Ruf just built himself a RUF Green RCT Evo. Personal transport.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2

Earlierapex 09-22-2004 02:41 PM

Adrian,
I hope you are well. It's been a while (I haven't owned a Porsche for 4 years), but it's time to come back.

I don't have a 964 yet - I've just always liked the RCT Evo, but $50k USD is just too much (sounds like that's before flying someone over here and back). Yikes!

I'll have to look elsewhere. I thought it was about $25k or so.

-dc

C2 Turbo 09-22-2004 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Derick Cooper
Adrian,
!

I'll have to look elsewhere. I thought it was about $25k or so.

-dc

I think weissech ( spell ?) out of Vancouver still charges around $20,000 for engine conversion alone. I also believe that the mechanic flies over to you if you have an access to a lift and the tools other wise you have to ship him the car to BC.

Adrian 09-23-2004 01:11 PM

Dear Derick,
Yes it has been a while. I do not know what services Weissach in BC offers but I know the engine conversion requires a complete strip down of the engine. It is not a bolt on job. The transmission is also stripped down to install the 6th gear.
To be quite honest I am not sure that there is actually a genuine RCT Evo in the USA. I know there is one in Canada it was imported direct from RUF under the 15 year rule.
However regardless it is expensive. You have to do the brakes and suspension for 425 HP.
I know that RUF has a cab conversion for sale and wants 48,000 Euros for it.
The somewhat large drop of the US dollar against the Euro has seriously hurt such business.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2

ian c - u.k 09-25-2004 07:59 AM

adrian ,
hello , its been a while !!!

would i have to take my car to germany for this ??

or is there a uk agent ?

Earlierapex 09-25-2004 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian
To be quite honest I am not sure that there is actually a genuine RCT Evo in the USA. I know there is one in Canada it was imported direct from RUF under the 15 year rule.

Adrian,
Thanks for all the info. There's at least one true RCT Evo in the US as Car and Driver magazine had an article on it about 4 or 5 years ago (it's on the Ruf website). It was a full conversion with the shaved rain gutters and everything. C&D's comment was that it was significantly faster than a 993TT.

Maybe I could find one in Europe and import it? Maybe too much of a headache?

-dc

Adrian 09-29-2004 04:37 AM

Dear Derick,
RUF used to take his cars to the USA for the press to drive around.
It would be a big hassle importing a ROW version to the USA because the cars are quite different and federalisation is costly.
You could get RUF to build you a US spec version or find a US spec version here in Europe to be converted. There are quite a few US spec 964s floating around in Germany.
I know somebody in Germany who could get all this done for you.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2

ian c - u.k 09-29-2004 05:04 PM

adrian
i have my car how i want it , how much is the engine and gearbox conversion ?
would i have to take my car to germany ?
thanks
ian

Adrian 09-30-2004 04:14 AM

Dear Ian,
Yes and it would cost you approximately 36,000 Euros. You cannot just have the engine and transmission done, there are other minimum requirements such as brakes and rear spoiler as well.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2

PS: Actually depending on the condition of your 964 I would say a budget of 40,000 Euros minimum would apply. You would also need additional oil cooling and little things like that as well as being prepared to have any faults with the 964 also rectified.

ian c - u.k 10-01-2004 04:31 PM

hello adrian
thanks for the reply .

my car has new .....................

964 turbo brakes all round
rs twin oil-cooler set-up
964 turbo -S carbon rear spoiler
techart front spoiler
eibach springs
bilstein shocks ( when i sort out the ms roadrace problem )

surely ruf could work with what i allready got ??

Adrian 10-02-2004 07:10 PM

Dear Ian,
You would have to speak to RUF.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2

emilios 10-03-2004 02:57 AM

Ian,

do you have any pictures of your turbo S rear spoiler? Where did you get it from?

Best regards

Emilios

NotTwinTurboYet 10-06-2004 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by ian c - u.k
hello adrian
thanks for the reply .

my car has new .....................

964 turbo brakes all round
rs twin oil-cooler set-up
964 turbo -S carbon rear spoiler
techart front spoiler
eibach springs
bilstein shocks ( when i sort out the ms roadrace problem )

surely ruf could work with what i allready got ??

Hi Ian,
I was considering a twin turbo conversion last year. Finally I had a proposal from FVD (through my mechanic). If you have to 20000 euros to spend, send them your engine and gearbox, and they will send you back a 993 GT2 engine and its 6 speeds gearbox!
Then, you have to find a good mechanic to put that in your car :p
A+

ian c - u.k 10-06-2004 06:22 PM

do you have a copy of any fvd correspondence you can forward to me ???
enty21@aol.com

got an email back from ruf today , just supplied them more details on model year of car etc.
should have more info tommorrow :)