How cold is your 964 vent temp and solutions

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 11:52 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 103 Posts
Default How cold is your 964 vent temp and solutions

Hey there

I have to say the last time I had the HVAC system recharged was May of 2017 and one the things that I do in the summer and this may help you as well is I disconnect the hoses from the heat exchanger to the chassis flapper boxes, that way you get max cold air, And reinstall in the late fall,

It seems that our cars get old the heat seeps through the front mixing flaps, Because the foam edges that seals the flap starts to go bad. When you disconnect make sure you vent it outwards so that your not blow the hot air on your starter or wires.

I was stopped at traffic light two days ago and my vent temp was at 34F, 90 deg out and 56 percent humidity. my new VW vent temp blow ce cold at 29F. I would like to see how cold you're AC gets. Please share your pic's

Old 08-16-2018, 07:12 PM
ralt
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont freeze to death at a stop light!!!
Old 08-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

37 F? You sure about that? Seems kinda cold but would be a good problem to have. That's what I call Gulf Coast Countries (primarily in the Middle East) A/C.
I just bought a vent temp gauge but I haven't taken my car out since I got it. I will report back on temp as I just recharged my system with R-134a (converted it from R-12 two years ago).
I'll give your suggestion a try and do a A to B comparison over the weekend.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:17 AM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
37 F? You sure about that? Seems kinda cold but would be a good problem to have. That's what I call Gulf Coast Countries (primarily in the Middle East) A/C.
I just bought a vent temp gauge but I haven't taken my car out since I got it. I will report back on temp as I just recharged my system with R-134a (converted it from R-12 two years ago).
I'll give your suggestion a try and do a A to B comparison over the weekend.
I look forward to your comparison test

Quick Reply: How cold is your 964 vent temp and solutions