964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

RWB Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 03:53 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by racer959
This one looks like the fenders and quarter are molded in. What do you mean by out of balance. Is some thing wrong with the suspension?
I think he means that the builds are mostly cosmetic and any upgrades to the engine and suspension are at the discretion of the owner. In fact the paint, remaining body work and interior is up to the owner as well. Many of these are all show and no go although there are some that have a lot done to them. I had a friend who did a 930 turbo S conversion to an SC with 15 x 13" gotti wheels and 335 Pirelli's. The rubber was too wide for the 172 hp engine but he was happy until it died.

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Jim, sorry to hear that.
I had to put my 14 year old Airedale down two years ago on her birthday and I still get a little emotional when I think of her.

My new best friend is this guy; my daughter's Aussie Cattle dog/Shetland Sheep dog/St. Bernard mix.
Sorry for off-topic.
Sorry to hear of your losses. Had a number of cats and dogs when I was younger but my wife is not much of a pet person. Although she does get upset when the fish die.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:15 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Sorry to hear of your losses. Had a number of cats and dogs when I was younger but my wife is not much of a pet person. Although she does get upset when the fish die.
My wife (albeit claims to the contrary ), son, daughter, dad and sister (and myself) are big time animal people. My kids have had rats, hamsters gerbils and dogs. A big pride point for my clan is that every pet we've ever had has spent it's entire life with us. Not many people can say that.
I have friends that cannot bear the occasional grief that comes with losing a pet. They have literally refused to ever have another dog after one passes.

On to RWB; I'm not a fan. IMO, those are cars for the "stance" crowd. I'm perfectly happy with exterior of my car as-delivered by the factory.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:42 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by racer959
This one looks like the fenders and quarter are molded in. What do you mean by out of balance. Is some thing wrong with the suspension?
Correct Anthony,..... I just meant that geometrically the suspension and layout wasn't designed to have the wheels that far displaced outboard....fit and finish is rough and ready but that's his shtick.....to me it's the cartoon version come to life....not hating on them as they are unique and he has a flair for his craft....but as a drivers car I don't think it improves on the original in the way a Singer Porsche does....but I'm sure there are those that don't like what Singer does either....that the beauty of the car passion everyone has their favorite and that's what stops the roads looking like something out of Logan's Run��

Last edited by maverick; 03-01-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by maverick

Correct Anthony,..... I just meant that geometrically the suspension and layout wasn't designed to have the wheels that far displaced outboard....fit and finish is rough and ready but that's his shtick.....to me it's the cartoon version come to life....not hating on them as they are unique and he has a flair for his craft....but as a drivers car I don't think it improves on the original in the way a Springer Porsche does....but I'm sure there are those that don't like what Springer does either....that the beauty of the car passion everyone has their favorite and that's what stops the roads looking like something out of Logan's Run😋
+1 Mav.
You go down the list: Gemballa, B+B, RWB and others I can't recall at this moment . None have made a 911 more attractive.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:23 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

+1 Mav.
You go down the list: Gemballa, B+B, RWB and others I can't recall at this moment . None have made a 911 more attractive.
Oh come on. What is there not to love about this???

There is no emogi for vomit.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:24 PM
racer959
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 154 Posts

I must admit, I do like some wide body cars as you can see, but this thing is brutal.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:12 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's the Gemballa Avalanche.....Uwe did some interesting design concepts, I had a neighbor that had a convertible by Gemballa back in 1986. I'll see if I can find the old real photographs to post ........pore old Uwe ended up in a bad place and a mysterious end I think in South Africa.....
Old 03-02-2018, 08:05 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

When you consider they could reach as much as $200k back then with some innovative concepts like cameras mounted on the side vs mirrors and a display in he dash. I can only imagine what all that FG weighed though. I still remembering seeing these for the first time and saying WTF!!

Interestingly I met someone who owned a body shop about 6 years ago who loved this stuff and was building his version of these things so many years later. Although his incorporated Lambo style doors.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

That's the Gemballa Avalanche.....Uwe did some interesting design concepts, I had a neighbor that had a convertible by Gemballa back in 1986. I'll see if I can find the old real photographs to post ........pore old Uwe ended up in a bad place and a mysterious end I think in South Africa.....
No mystery....he took his own life.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:47 AM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

No mystery....he took his own life.
nope...murdered after a failed extortion attempt went wrong in South Africa....
Old 03-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

nope...murdered after a failed extortion attempt went wrong in South Africa....
Ohh, I see that now.
I seem to remember reading he killed himself a long while back but I see they convicted the perps for his murder six years hence.

http://ewn.co.za/2015/11/12/Three-me...ing-and-murder

Quick Reply: RWB Porsche