964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Lowest optioned 94 turbo I have seen

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 10:38 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts
Default Lowest optioned 94 turbo I have seen

Surprisingly the only options for this car are polished speedlines and sunroof (std). There is no indication of even having LSD.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Porsche-911-1....c100005.m1851
Old 12-13-2017, 12:53 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 658 Posts

pretty cool speaker placement. Never seen this before. Carpet matches well too. Back when I was driving SC's, and actually used a sound system to listen to music,.. this would have been a nice build project.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
pretty cool speaker placement. Never seen this before. Carpet matches well too. Back when I was driving SC's, and actually used a sound system to listen to music,.. this would have been a nice build project.

I've always had sport mufflers so a radio fills the hole in the instrument panel and nothing else
That's a real nice looking car.
Any history on it?
Old 12-13-2017, 02:36 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
I've always ...
Always Paul? You've never,.. ever,.. listened to music in any 911 you've ever owned?

In my younger years, I was definitely into music,... so in my first SC's,... it was about the "cruise",.. and yes music played a big part.

nowadays the finer fibers of my ear drums must be shot, cuz I just like a loud exhaust system in this current 964T.

Although I will add that the Burmester sound system in our 958 CTT is unbelievable. The clarity, quality & definition is stunning.

=Steve
Old 12-14-2017, 09:02 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Always Paul? You've never,.. ever,.. listened to music in any 911 you've ever owned?

In my younger years, I was definitely into music,... so in my first SC's,... it was about the "cruise",.. and yes music played a big part.

nowadays the finer fibers of my ear drums must be shot, cuz I just like a loud exhaust system in this current 964T.

Although I will add that the Burmester sound system in our 958 CTT is unbelievable. The clarity, quality & definition is stunning.

=Steve
The only Porsche I listen to the stereo in is the 928 or the 95B. I don't think I have reset the code on the turbos head unit in years and the C2 is all about the exhaust note despite adding the Nakamichi and MB quart system. I wasn't all that impressed with the Burmester home equipment (at least for its price point). Although it is definitely superior to the Bose systems. When I listen it is in the comfort of my home usually spinning vinyl and sipping martini's.

In the late 90's there used to be a shop in Hoboken that built crazy subwoofer enclosures. They had IMO destroyed a dozen or so 964's with these massive fiberglass boxes to hold these 15" drivers with 50+ ounce magnets and the sound was just loud bass. Funny how you never see these cars anymore. I wonder if they were reversed or crashed. I actually find it hard to dive these cars in a spirited fashion if the stereo is on.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:27 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

you guys do realize I'm referring to my habits from 30+ years ago right? ...

totally agree,.... in fact,.. I realize now that my admiration for these cars really has grown over the decades. I've always admired the Porsche family (since reading books about them as a kid),.. and admired the brand,... but it really has only been these past 15 yrs or so,... (mostly due to our ownership of a 964 Turbo) that has kicked us into the gear that we really cherish the drives in this car. My passion to hear the exhaust, execute clutch & gear changes,.. and really "feel" the car, seems to increase every driving season.

Anyway,... I like the white of this car. I've always secretly wanted ALL the colors for this particular model.... I would seriously never leave my garage if I had a blue, red, white, ruby, amazon, ... hmm now that I'm dreaming,... I think I want THREE different blue ones....

Do you guys think this price point is justified for this car with so few options? Does the lacking options list deter this price point, or help it?

=Steve
Old 12-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Pretty much.
If I'm going to be in my 911 for a hour straight then maybe, but usually I'm enjoying the soundtrack behind me
In my DD's I am never without music but they have better sound systems and more sound deadening.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:51 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
When I listen it is in the comfort of my home usually spinning vinyl and sipping martini's.
You drink lighter fluid, eh?

In the late 90's there used to be a shop in Hoboken that built crazy subwoofer enclosures. They had IMO destroyed a dozen or so 964's with these massive fiberglass boxes to hold these 15" drivers with 50+ ounce magnets and the sound was just loud bass. Funny how you never see these cars anymore.
AThompson's got one of those enclosures in his car (the Forest Green Turbo) and it looks ridiculous. It's weight has to be ridiculous too. I've offered to remove it for him but no deal....
Old 12-14-2017, 11:09 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

you guys do realize I'm referring to my habits from 30+ years ago right? ...

Do you guys think this price point is justified for this car with so few options? Does the lacking options list deter this price point, or help it?

=Steve
Yes and I don't feel options are as critical as condition. The right options are a plus but worth different things to different people.

Pretty much.
If I'm going to be in my 911 for a hour straight then maybe, but usually I'm enjoying the soundtrack behind me
In my DD's I am never without music but they have better sound systems and more sound deadening.
Same

You drink lighter fluid, eh?

AThompson's got one of those enclosures in his car (the Forest Green Turbo) and it looks ridiculous. It's weight has to be ridiculous too. I've offered to remove it for him but no deal....
Lighter fluid, anti freeze, brake fluid so long as it it has alcohol and isn't too sweet.

Forest green is a great color, would be curious if the enclosure was one of their abortions.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Surprisingly the only options for this car are polished speedlines and sunroof (std). There is no indication of even having LSD.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Porsche-911-1....c100005.m1851
wasn’t LSD standard on the ‘94?
Old 12-18-2017, 08:27 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Igooz

wasn’t LSD standard on the ‘94?
AFAIK it was however like the sunroof that was also standard the option sicker usually reads 220 for LSD and 651 for sunroof. I see 651 but no 220. Just find it strange it is not listed. It should also be listed on the window sticker.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

^yes, I agree.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:53 PM
mr. rpm
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

220 limited slip is standard equipment on 3.6 Turbos and is not listed on the option code label on the four 3.6 Turbos I currently own nor on any of the many I have owned in the past. 650 sunroof is standard equipment for North America and is listed on the option label. IMHO I think this is because limited slip was standard worldwide on all 3.6 turbos whereas sunroof was standard for North America but was still an option for some other ROW countries, so Porsche considered sunroof internally still as an option vs standard equipment as limited slip. Hope this helps! thanks Ray
Old 12-22-2017, 08:47 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mr. rpm
220 limited slip is standard equipment on 3.6 Turbos and is not listed on the option code label on the four 3.6 Turbos I currently own nor on any of the many I have owned in the past. 650 sunroof is standard equipment for North America and is listed on the option label. IMHO I think this is because limited slip was standard worldwide on all 3.6 turbos whereas sunroof was standard for North America but was still an option for some other ROW countries, so Porsche considered sunroof internally still as an option vs standard equipment as limited slip. Hope this helps! thanks Ray
That makes sense. I went to post the picture of my sticker and realized that the one I was looking at was for my C2 which has option code 220 listed. I just double checked my turbo and it is not on the option sticker but 650 is listed. Although LSD and sunroof are listed on my window sticker and CofA's.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:48 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys ,
The title of this thread caught my eye and got me to thinking about '94 Turbos ( US spec ) without a sunroof - anyone know if there is more than 1 ?

Quick Reply: Lowest optioned 94 turbo I have seen