964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

background on vin etc

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 11:44 AM
918man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

351 is white on brown.......

I have had the car totally torn apart and totally restored. Body and everything else was very clean, actually exceptional.. mechanics were fine but car was driven... all replaced redone etc...

cant wait to show pictures.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:44 AM
918man
Racer

and I absolutely think the 964 3.6 will eventually very much become appreciated. Its rare in numbers, in look and in feel.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:00 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Can't wait to see finished product.

Any problems finding parts that needed replacing?

Like some others here when I see something that might be needed in future I grab it.
I'm wondering if Porsche will start to reproduce some of the obsolete parts or skip it because
of low number of cars, not worth it.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

I had my eye on a white / brown car a while back.

Where are you located?

Don't need exact, just area if possible.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:03 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

There were a number of white cars I looked at way back when that had all sorts of issues. For some reason the white cars had more problems than most. There is a white/gay at Drivers Source
/

I looked at years ago. IIRC it took over 2 years to sell at rock bottom pricing back then. The car had issues then and apparently still does but at $187,500 it might be purchased a reasonable price and fixed up to be a nice car.

Mike,

If Porsche can make money on the parts I have no worries that they won't bother.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by 918man
I have had the car totally torn apart and totally restored. Body and everything else was very clean, actually exceptional.. mechanics were fine but car was driven... all replaced redone etc...

cant wait to show pictures.
That's the first instance I've heard of where someone has had a 3.6 restored.
Makes sense though, as the collection queens and other good cars are getting harder to find.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:41 AM
918man
Racer

I have restored almost back to original while also doing some updating. I have added some carbon fiber in the interior..., custom built exhaust, used turbo s seats and reskinned, updated porsche classic radio and dropped to euro spec height. Other than that all back to stock and I have kept all swapped out parts so it could go back. Some issue with parts but we have figured out. Its definitely a global search, I can say that.

The team that has done mine has done two other ones (they went back to a Switzerland gent).

I bought the car very right and have put a lot into (and still going). BUT and most importantly, I am not doing to make money / lose money etc.. I am going to drive it a little bit and enjoy it and I ll never sell so I have not approached it from a financial perspective. I love the car for a lot of reasons.

I believe it will be the best one in the country, maybe in the world, from a condition perspective. spec etc.. is personal opinion but from a condition perspective there will be none better.

I have seen the cars skin and its an A plus.

When its done I ll post all pics. We have about 100 or so pics of the process etc so far. Its in the Midwest. Car was in the south for its entire life before me.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:50 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I have restored almost back to original while also doing some updating. I have added some carbon fiber in the interior..., custom built exhaust, used turbo s seats and reskinned, updated porsche classic radio and dropped to euro spec height. Other than that all back to stock and I have kept all swapped out parts so it could go back. Some issue with parts but we have figured out. Its definitely a global search, I can say that.

The team that has done mine has done two other ones (they went back to a Switzerland gent).

I bought the car very right and have put a lot into (and still going). BUT and most importantly, I am not doing to make money / lose money etc.. I am going to drive it a little bit and enjoy it and I ll never sell so I have not approached it from a financial perspective. I love the car for a lot of reasons.

I believe it will be the best one in the country, maybe in the world, from a condition perspective. spec etc.. is personal opinion but from a condition perspective there will be none better.

I have seen the cars skin and its an A plus.

When its done I ll post all pics. We have about 100 or so pics of the process etc so far. Its in the Midwest. Car was in the south for its entire life before me.
Sounds great but I have a couple of ???

What are turbo S seats? and I would be happy to put it up against mine which is all original paint and is as clean as the day it left the factory.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:54 PM
918man
Racer

The seats are turbo sport seats. Just a little more narrow etc..

As far as your car, no doubt your being all original etc.. I m sure it is utterly amazing. I hope one day I could see it.

My friend has a cobalt light grey interior. all original 18k miles.... its an amazing car and I love the color......
Old 07-31-2017, 02:03 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

The seats are turbo sport seats. Just a little more narrow etc..

As far as your car, no doubt your being all original etc.. I m sure it is utterly amazing. I hope one day I could see it.

My friend has a cobalt light grey interior. all original 18k miles.... its an amazing car and I love the color......
So the standard sport seats with high bolsters. Porsche didn't offer a different seat for the turbo S.

I know your friends car. He must have picked it up from Top Gear recently. Very nice. I have a ton of info on the car including the pictures of it before the PO had the interior redone. That car has not been driven much in the past 12 years or so it has had the same mileage forever but a very decent example. It was a bit over the top before with the root wood shifter and classic gray accents. The work they did converting the stock seats to high bolster seats with supple leather was very nice. I would do that to mine but I don't drive it enough to warrant the change.

I liked the light gray but IMO the black interior is superior for my taste. the question is is the top and bottom equally as clean
Attached Images     
Old 07-31-2017, 02:20 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 659 Posts

Don't even get BadBoys Mike into this equation of who's bottom end is cleaner ...

Old 07-31-2017, 02:23 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Don't even get BadBoys Mike into this equation of who's bottom end is cleaner ...

I dare you to post his bottom. LOL Sorry inside joke.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:39 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 659 Posts

you just CAN'T get that image outta your head can ya ...

I bet the recycle guys picking up all your dead wine bottles 2 weeks ago had a good laugh...
Old 07-31-2017, 03:00 PM
918man
Racer

Originally Posted by cobalt
So the standard sport seats with high bolsters. Porsche didn't offer a different seat for the turbo S.

I know your friends car. He must have picked it up from Top Gear recently. Very nice. I have a ton of info on the car including the pictures of it before the PO had the interior redone. That car has not been driven much in the past 12 years or so it has had the same mileage forever but a very decent example. It was a bit over the top before with the root wood shifter and classic gray accents. The work they did converting the stock seats to high bolster seats with supple leather was very nice. I would do that to mine but I don't drive it enough to warrant the change.

I liked the light gray but IMO the black interior is superior for my taste. the question is is the top and bottom equally as clean
correct on seats....

what an awesome example you have. color is so special in person...

your car is clean... cant wait to show you pictures of mine
Old 07-31-2017, 04:30 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bweSteve
you just CAN'T get that image outta your head can ya ...

I bet the recycle guys picking up all your dead wine bottles 2 weeks ago had a good laugh...
No I can't and I have you to blame. LOL

Quick Reply: background on vin etc