Sponsored by:

Help needed with brake booster in 964 c2

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 09:36 PM
me61ic
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Help needed with brake booster in 964 c2

To make long story story short, the car has been sitting in a garage for at least 17 years. It is now almost restored, but I had a problem with the master brake cylinder. Took it out to have the part reconditioned, but when I was going to install it I have found out the internals (push rod that looks like a valve + 2 washers, one normal another looking like a pressure washer) were lying at the bottom of the brake booster.

Sorry I haven't taken pictures of the internals, I will on monday as the car is in my garage. I have copied this picture from an ebay sale just to show which parts I refer to.

Does anyone know how these parts mount to the brake booster? 'Cause I just can't seem to figure it out... the rod looking like a valve falls everytime I try to hold it in its position and I don't know if the plastic tabs that shoulb be keeping it in place are just broken

Thanks in advance
Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2017, 04:50 PM
cjoenck
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes, you are correct, the plastic tabs should hold the rod in place for assembly. The reason I know that because I ordered a new one from Germany - twice - and both times it came with the broken plastic tabs. It is impossible, I think, to install the brake master without them. I sent them both back and ended up getting my "old" one refurbished.

Quick Reply: Help needed with brake booster in 964 c2