Sponsored by:

hood help please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Robin 993 c2
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hood help please.

I have just got my 964 back from having the hood fabric replaced and the hood has developed a fault. when i push the button to open or close the hood, it moves a bit, then shops, if i release and re press the button the hood continues to move this repeats until the hood is open, or closed as required. The warning light comes on and goes out at the right times. The company that replaced the fabric are suggesting a low battery, but i am open to suggestions. i have rebuilt the hood gearboxes and gone through all of the mechanical parts before the fabric was fitted and it all worked a couple of weeks ago. The hood company are willing to have a look, but are a fairly long drive away, so before spending another day messing around i would like to ask if anyone has had a similar problem?
thanks.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:49 AM
klr10
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem a few years ago which was due to dry joints on the controller where the connectors plug in. As this has only happened after the fabric was replaced, maybe one of the microswitches has become dislodged or disconnected.

Where in Essex are you?

I'm in Sawbridgeworth just north of 'Arlow
Old 04-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Robin 993 c2
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixed

thanks for the suggestion, I checked all of the micro switches and they were fine and thanks to your suggestion I found the thread below and after some re-soldering of the controller everything is working again. It must have been a coincidence that the fabric had been replaced.
I am in Brightlingsea, not to far from you.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ml#post7089320
Old 04-27-2017, 04:35 PM
klr10
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brilliant! Glad you got it fixed

Quick Reply: hood help please.