Sponsored by:

Anyone used Autoglass?

Old 11-13-2003, 09:30 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone used Autoglass?

Just managed to pick up a stone chip in my windscreen, right in the line of sight

Obviously, this needs to be fixed. Has anyone had Autoglass fix a stone chip & what's the finish like? As far as I can tell, the chip has not gone through the laminate, but it does have a few cracks around it.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Christian K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a word of caution. When fixing stone chips there's a small risk of the wind screen cracking, which leads to that the wind screen must be replaced. This is normally an incurance matter (in Sweden anyway) so no problem. But!!! Be careful and make sure that the company you use know how to replace a wind screen properly on a 964 (a special adhesive sealant/cement should be used and the screen should be 'glued' with it to the rubber list and then the rubber list should be 'glued' to the car body). Not many do and some will treat you like an idiot for even questioning, many like to chooze the easy way. I was in the same situation as you are and ended up in an oddysé of phone calls, research extra work etc. before I now finally can get my wind screen installed properly.

good luck

Christian

1990 C2
ex. 1984 Carrera
Old 11-13-2003, 10:53 AM
GaryN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi Andy,

Yip, I've used them for 2 front screen replacements and 2 fixes. I would highly recommend them. When they removed the screens they treated any exposed bare metal area for rust and replaced the rubber seal (and aligned the join perfectly in the middle!!)

But I suppose it boils down to branch specific, I have used the Norwich branch for all my work and my college (Richard) has also replace 2 screen in his 964 that were done perfectly.
The contact at Autoglass Norwich is KIM he's the branch manager.

Cheers
Gary '91 C2 Coupe
Old 11-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, they've just been & fixed my screen. Luckily no need for a new screen & they also filled a couple of other chips that the screen had collected over it's 13 year life! You can just see where it's being filled, but that's perhaps because I know where it is.

Very please with the job & it cost me nothing!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone used Autoglass?